Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Tax Senior Analyst 8 month contract
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18068539
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
This is a role for a Subject Matter Expert with a minimum of 6 years Experience in Taxation. The role requires coordination of work processes across multiple businesses and control functions outside the Finance team. Accordingly, the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders is essential. In addition, experience in instructing offshore teams in shared service centers is required.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Co-ordination of substantial Goods & Services Tax process across Australia and New Zealand, including assessing data received in respect of each taxable business, performing analytical review, escalation and communication and resolution of issues with Business Units. The Goods & Services Tax processes involve substantial tax liabilities with significant periodic vriances requiring identification, investigation, analysis, and validation.
- Lead Preparation of Fringe Benefits Tax returns across Australia and New Zealand, including initiating meetings with other control functions, coordinating deliverables, application of specialist knowledge, identification of potential savings or efficiencies, and the handling of highly sensitive personal information
- Provision of tax advice as Subject Matter Expert to business and control functions specifically in relation to employment taxes and customer information reporting across Australia and New Zealand.
- Perform regulatory impact assessment of new legislation including briefing business stakeholders and liaising with operations and technology in regard to data specifications for new regulatory reports
- Project manage customer information reporting processes including interaction wth CitiService customer facing teams and operations & technology
- Instructing offshore teams in substantiation of tax balances, in local GAAP and US GAAP ledgers including explanation of drivers of those balance and root causes of variances
- Directing multiple offshore teams in processes for payment of tax liabilities
- Discussing specific issues with Regulators and auditors specifically the Australian Taxation Office and the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department
- Experience in design and operation of an Internal Control Framework for tax risk management for large businesses and interacting with auditors
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA qualified
- Minimum 6 years Experience in Tax, specifically Employment taxes
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel in particular)
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.