Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
SVP Compliance Officer (12 month contract)Apply Now Locations: Sydney, New South Wales Job Function: Compliance and Control Employee Status: Fixed Term (Fixed Term) Job ID: 19131802
This role serves as a senior product compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) covering Banking, Capital Markets, Advisory, Research, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Commercial Bank and Private Bank, and is responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise.
In addition, the role engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the product and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors, providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to operations, financial requirements, and guidance on the supported product sand the associated regulatory rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
This role is a 12 month maternity cover starting in December 2019.
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Citi’s Compliance programs. Provides expert guidance on function/business/product regulations on a real-time basis to manage compliance risk.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to the supported function/business/product.
- Analysing and scoping the impact of new and complex regulatory developments across senior function/business/product, including cross-border impact.
- Advising ICRM and \business and product management and personnel on regulatory and compliance issues and provide credible challenge.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
- Leading initiatives and managing high-impact special project work streams with a results-driven focus to deliver solutions, including coordinating the implementation of new regulatory requirements.
- Managing strategy and responses to regulatory examinations, reviews and inquiries and internal and external investigations, as well as testing and audit.
- Designing and lead compliance and control reviews.
- Partnering with other ICRM teams and global functions, including Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology, and Finance to prevent and detect non-compliance issues and promote a culture of compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
- Experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- Experience in area of focus; strong working knowledge of function/business/product and the related operations and financial requirements
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standard
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.