Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Senior Human Resources Business Partner Operations Technology and Global Functions
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19027523
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s business in Australia and New Zealand reflects the global Citi organisation structure with its two major business divisions – Global Consumer Group and Institutional Clients Group – having a significant presence. The franchise counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate, foreign multinationals and institutional clients as valued customers and clients
The Global Consumer Bank, provides products and services to affluent consumers in Australia with global banking needs. It offers a full suite of consumer banking products including wealth management, savings and transactions accounts, mortgages, insurance and credit/debit cards. It operates in a market that is highly digital and services customers that are consistently early adopters of technology. The Global Consumer Bank in Australia also has a market-leading partner cards business for a range of high profile brands in the Australian market
The Senior HR Business Partner for the Operations, Technology and Global Functions in Australia is a key role within the local franchise and local HR team.These areas provide support across all Citi’s businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
The role provides strategic and tactical support to business leaders within the Operations, Technology and Global Functions teams operating in Australia and New Zealand.You will be responsible for developing and implementing HR strategies and practices, which make a significant contribution towards the effectiveness of these teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral member of the Leadership Teams for these business areas proactively advising and influencing across all people matters. It will provide opportunities to partner closely with senior business leaders across the franchise in a developed and rapidly changing market.
In addition, there will be opportunities to be involved in critical projects across the HR function with franchise impact.
As this position acts as a key business partner, business knowledge, significant trust and credible working relationships with senior business leaders are essential for the position to be effective.
The functional responsibility of this role is to provide quality HR advice to senior business leaders through the following activities:
- Partner closely with the Country Head of Operations and Technology as well as Global Functions leaders on all issues related to the business
- Take responsibility for, and manage, the development and execution of value-adding people solutions to the business. Operate as a trusted advisor to the business leaders as required.
- Enhance manager and leadership capabilities through pro-active leadership coaching and advice.
- Provide sound and relevant advice on a range of employment relations issues including performance management, organizational restructuring, separations and redundancies and other employee relations matters that may arise.
- Ensure the business is compliant with relevant policies, company processes and employment legislation.
- Develop, and implement a people strategy that acts as an enabler of the local business priorities, and is in alignment with the broader HR strategy. Measure and report progress against the strategy.
- Ensure the optimum quality and diversity of talent are sourced, recruited, on-boarded, motivated, developed and retained so as to facilitate the achievement of the business objectives.
- Proactive management of the talent agenda, ensuring a robust and diverse talent pipeline is in place and development plans are built and actioned.
- Strong partnership and collaboration with relevant specialist functions (Talent Acquisition, Talent & Learning, Reward & Mobility, Health & Wellbeing)
- Able to play an instrumental role in the establishment of HR Professional Services support to the Australian Operations & Technology and Global Functions Businesses and manage offshore service delivery to the O&T and Global Functions teams post establishment
- Effective management and oversight of labor relations, including collective bargaining / union negotiations as required, and disciplinary processes in accordance with policies and processes.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of relevant local market related conditions and high-level competitor analysis, and how this impacts the local franchise.
- Successful local management of core HR processes, including recruiting, onboarding, compensation/year-end processes, Talent, VOE, Performance Management.
- Maintaining collaborative and effective working relationships with local, regional and global HR partners and stakeholders – including related businesses (such as HRSS, Finance, IA, Legal and Compliance, etc).
- Partner with business leaders to advise and influence on organizational structure and suggest solutions to better align people resources with business strategy.
- Facilitate organization change as appropriate through the provision of change management advice (communication, organisational culture and values initiatives, and organizational design).
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Skills
- Sound understanding of current HR practices and tools with the ability to apply them proactively with flexibly. Strong knowledge of local market trends and practices
- Sound understanding of the local regulatory and legal framework related to employment matters
- A role model for the Citi Leadership Standards
- Strong partnership skills and team orientation
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically
- Good knowledge of the different product / functional groups and company structure (local, regional and international)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the key senior business stakeholders
- Strong communication, influence, negotiation, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Decisive, with sound, commercial judgment with a tolerance for ambiguity
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to connect HR strategy and priorities to the current business context
- Unwavering confidentiality
- Strong initiative to act proactively and independently, whilst balancing the need to for alignment and collaboration
- Ability to prioritise work to meet business and function requirements
- Ability to work within a multi-layered, matrixed global environment
- Results orientation and attention to detail
- Strong resilience
- Exceptional coaching and consulting skills
Specific Role Requirements:
- Prior experience within the Financial Services sector. In particular, knowledge of the local regulatory changes impacting the Financial Services sector at the current time would be very beneficial.
- >10 years’ experience in human resources or a related field with significant exposure to working within large global organisations with an embedded matrix structure
- Prior experience with Australian employment laws
- Prior experience managing a team
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.