Senior Fund Accounting Manager
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
This position is an integral role within the Fund Services operation as one of its key responsibilities is to ensure the timely and accurate release of client deliverables by providing oversight and support to all our off shore centres. These centres are an extension of the operation therefore excellent communication skills are a key requirement within this role. The review and oversight responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, reviewing all valuations/unit prices produced through investigation of exception reporting, monitoring KPI’s/KRI’s ensuring all SLA commitments have been met and ensuring all other monitoring requirements meet the Asia Pacific Outsourcing Governance Policy
Staff within this team will be involved in process improvement projects ensuring efficiencies are gained in a controlled environment and will assist with the implementation of new funds. Training within the unit is also a key component and it is incumbent upon the individual to manage their own development including awareness of changes to accounting standards and improving knowledge across systems. This individual will play a key role in servicing our clients’ needs and maintaining an excellent working relationship.
- Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Client management involving meeting all client deliverables, due diligence meetings, service review meetings and reviewing client change requests.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients, and serve as point of escalation of complex customer issues.
- Work closely with Client Executives, Account Managers and Product Managers on client management and service improvement initiatives.
- Escalate to Senior Managers, Client Executives and/or Account Managers as well wider internal teams and ensuring they are informed of all issues that may arise and status of all deliverables. Escalating any potential system or deliverable issues.
- Identify opportunities to implement process improvements and recommend system, service, and process enhancements including leading and evaluating system testing.
- Escalation point for upstream and downstream teams, leading the process to work through issues with relevant parties, including developing training plans/documentation for any gaps that are discovered in the process to prevent reoccurrence.
- Overall responsibility to ensure teams are following the risk and control framework by conducting regular reviews of Fund Accounting procedures and processes and MCA tests.
- Manage the Risk and Control agenda including audits, interfacing with internal and external auditors, and identifying process gaps
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Fund Operations & Unit Trust Pricing
- Experience in Investment Manager and Superannuation funds.
- Experience in Client Management in Fund Services.
- End to end knowledge of the Fund Accounting workflow including but not limited to Unit Registry, Financial Reporting, Tax, Trade Processing and Distributions.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and instruments, both domestic and international, listed and unlisted.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications Suite
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Proven team management experience.
- Pro-active problem solving and resolution.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and fast pace environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree level qualification in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or similar discipline.
- Completion of, or currently studying towards, a relevant post graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA or Masters of Applied Finance) highly regarded
- 10+ years relevant experience.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Fund Accounting
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs