Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Investment Banking Associate
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19002593
- Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
- Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
- Citi Investment Banking provides comprehensive financial advisory and capital raising services to top corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Clients receive tailored financial solutions and strategic advisory services on a wide range of M&A transactions and capital-raising activities including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting and distributing equity, debt, and derivative securities. Our bankers are organized into industry, product and regional groups and work closely with our partners in capital markets, sales and trading, research and global relationship banking to offer customized financing strategies for our clients.
- As our momentum continues to accelerate, we seek talented, motivated and intellectually curious professionals to join our team of highly accomplished bankers. We believe in bringing on the most talented people and offer them a long term career at Citigroup.
- The Investment Banking Associates at Citigroup play an important role in developing and strengthening client relationships and delivering best in class transaction execution.
- This position will be located in Sydney. This person will work across all product areas including IPOs, equity offerings, debt offerings, strategy advisory and M&A transactions.
Key Competencies Required:
- Financial and valuation analysis including detailed financial and debt modelling
- Transaction execution including managing due diligence consultants, adviser engagement, preparation of transaction materials/presentations and process/data room management
- Ability to take on lead position for key workstreams (including but not limited to modelling and accounting/tax)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to confidently present work both internally and externally
- Advanced level of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and suggest solutions
- Evaluate corporate transactions and their structures
- Assisting with client development (coordinate data with clients, assist in presentation of new ideas to clients)
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices of clients’ competitors
- Tracking business development (collect research, analyze industry trends)
- Working in teams (coordinate with team members, deliver projects on a deadline)
- Responsible for the development and coaching and training Analysts, act as a mentor and role model
- 5 years or more of investment banking experience at a recognized investment bank although we will also consider those with relevant industry experience either in a relevant corporate, project finance bank, infrastructure fund or Big 4 transaction advisory firm
- An excellent academic background
- Superior analytical, quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Fluent in accounting and finance with deep knowledge of Investment Banking methodologies
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to identify industry trends and provide strategic insight
- Ability to exercise judgment, prioritize tasks and work on multiple engagements
- Superior client interaction skills and commitment to serving the client
- Team player with high integrity and self-motivation
- Ambition, motivation and drive to succeed in a fast-paced, global institution and leverage the franchise to deliver superior results to the firm
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment