Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Head of Risk - Consumer LendingLocations: Sydney, New South Wales Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19105340
The Head of Risk - Consumer Lending is a key role within Consumer Risk Management reporting to the Head of Unsecured Risk and managing a team of Risk Analysts. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with key business partners to support all acquisition and product strategies that will enable us to make the best risk/reward decisions and ensure that credit policies and strategy are in line with the business objectives.
The role is responsible for managing US$30MM in credit costs annually and defining the credit risk strategy for the entire consumer lending portfolio across Citi branded and white label personal loans. This is a highly visible role in the organisation with complex internal and external stakeholder relationships with white label partners, auditors, industry peers, and regional, global and country level senior management teams. The role is accountable for pro-actively identifying opportunities to drive sustainable business growth while achieving key metrics like Return on Tangible Common Equity and Credit Costs.
- Lead a team of highly skilled risk analysts including recruiting, developing and retaining bench strength.
- Develop and manage business performance of the portfolio through a Risk Appetite Framework along with thresholds and guardrails to meet key internal measures. Identify and monitor key risk drivers, portfolio concentration, mix and delinquencies, to undertake timely corrective actions as necessary.
- Manage credit costs to plan through appropriate setting of risk policy and monitoring of through-the-door and portfolio trends, and making policy changes that take into account economic environment and business strategy.
- Shared ownership of Cost of Credit (Losses and Provisioning) and management of collections and hardship strategy while maintaining a strong risk and control environment, this role also assists in oversight across Risk and critical credit operations functions.
- Design, implement and monitor the effectiveness of credit policies across the whole lifecycle (originations, account management and collections) to ensure performance per risk appetite statement and plan.
- Identify and recommend improvements based on insights gained.
- Represent the business with key external stakeholders such as white-label partners and Risk peers at the industry level.
- Provide intelligence on key trends in the business and industry and underlying drivers. Leverage new generation of analytical techniques to identify these trends and drive actions oriented at driving commercial growth while optimising returns and losses.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve origination strategies (including scorecards), account management and collection effectiveness through credit and profitability models.
- Maintain a robust risk and control environment by providing oversight on critical risk related functions including acceptance and collections and liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Lead the due diligence process for evaluation of new labelling opportunities.
- Broad knowledge of relevant regulatory environment in financial services, knowledge of Consumer lending, and understanding of local laws and regulations is a must (for example, National Consumer Credit Code, Comprehensive Credit Reporting, Debt Collection Guidelines etc.).
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, P&L drivers, commercial acumen and deep understanding of usage of internal and external data assets for effective analytically-driven decisions.
- A strong understanding of the economy and ability to identify any headwinds (based on key indicators like unemployment rate etc.), market movements and regulatory forces to shape business and lending strategy will be crucial to the success of this role.
- Familiar with consumer behaviour, role and usage of credit bureau and competitive forces influencing credit demand in the industry.
- Hands on experience with analytical techniques, good understanding of predictive models used in credit risk, are the core areas of technical expertise.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of highly qualified professionals
- The ability to develop relationships with and influence a diverse and senior group of stakeholders including external partners
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and concise reports and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions at the senior stakeholder level
- Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Proven track record in delivery of multiple parallel initiatives
- Proven track record of operational process oversight / assurance
- Accomplishes results through the leadership of a professional team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years in a similar role and 10+ years relevant experience in Financial Services with a track record of success
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.