Fund Services Process Engineer
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
This position is an integral role within the Fund Services department with a key responsibility being to design operation layouts and processes with the purpose of increasing productivity, eliminating wastefulness, reducing costs, and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
Experience in working on large transformation projects including process re-engineering and restructures are critical for this role, as well as having a diverse knowledge base across fund services operations. Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, are required to be able to manage, influence, lead and drive the re-engineering process end to end.
Training within the unit is also a key component and it is incumbent upon the individual to manage their own development including awareness of changes to accounting standards and improving knowledge across systems. This individual will play a key role in servicing our clients’ needs and maintaining an excellent working relationship.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specified projects ensuring consistency with Citi project management governance.
- Reviewing operation schedules, processes, specifications, and related information.
- Designing operation processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and serve as point of escalation business architecture queries.
- Managing the process re-engineering or new process implementation end to end including:
- Gap Analysis
- Process Improvement/Re-engineering recommendations
- Operational Readiness
- Key member on future client onboardings and key figure in understanding the client requirements while being able execute and troubleshoot projects.
- Drive project and program delivery
- Responsible for ensuring project delivery on time on schedule and with quality
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program, projects and project management community and with other stakeholders if necessary.
- Resolve issues at the project or line level and escalate issues which cannot be resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Escalate to Senior Managers as well wider internal teams and ensuring they are informed of all issues that may arise and status of all deliverables.
- Escalation point for upstream and downstream teams, where a process review is required to work through operating model issues with relevant parties.
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Fund and/or Custody Operations
- Understand complex fund structures/superannuation market.
- Experience in business transformations and process re-engineering.
- Strong stakeholder management with experience with working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project Management skills
- Adept critical thinking skills for complex issues
- Experience working with excel, python, tableau and SQL
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Pro-active problem solving and resolution skills
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and fast pace environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree level qualification in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or similar discipline.
- Completion of, or currently studying towards, a relevant post graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, CFA or Masters of Applied Finance) highly regarded.
- Six Sigma qualifications, highly regarded.
- Prince2 or similar project management courses, highly regarded.
10+ years relevant experience
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs