Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
First Line Operational Risk ManagerLocations: Sydney, New South Wales Job Function: Compliance and Control Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 18079253
The Consumer Operations Operational Risk Manager role assists the business to deliver the banks operational risk framework and maintain a strong control focus across Credit Operations, Citiphone and Core Operations.
In this role you will contribute to the overall governance and risk and control reporting for one of the Consumer Operations Teams and its Control framework. You will be responsible for continuously enhancing Consumer Operations controls through:
- Ensuring adherence to the Operational Risk Framework
- Risk Analysis and reporting
- Building effective working relationships with the Consumer Operations Business Partners
- Production of Control reporting which tracks the effectiveness of the Control governance frameworks across Consumer Operations
- Assisting in the identification of Computer Aided Auditing Tools and Techniques (CAATTs) reports to improve Control oversight
Implementation of the Operation Risk Framework
- Active participation in ensuring that the Operation Risk Framework is implemented for the Consumer Operations Teams, this includes tracking the quality of Issues and Business Incidents entered into the respective Issue management systems and timeliness of updates.
- Assist in the completion of the Annual Risk Assessment as instructed by the COOF Senior manager.
- Assist in the implementation of the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) and Global Risk and Control (GRC) Processes.
- Complete monitoring of EUC’s, Systems Access, Records Management, COB and Vendor Management to ensure that they are completed as per policy requirements by each of the Consumer Operations teams.
Tracking and reporting risk metrics within Consumer Operations.
- Produce reporting and dashboard metrics which tracks the effectiveness of the controls governance framework for the Consumer Operations division.
- Monitoring of MCA/GRC and Business Incidents to ensure that they are managed as per policy timeframes and to the quality levels required.
Thematic reviews and assist in Internal Audit preparation and management
- Complete reviews of processes, systems, controls and compliance obligations to identify weaknesses and process improvement opportunities.
Where issues are identified, work in partnership with the operational teams to agree solutions and implement.
- When findings are found as a result of Audits, Reviews and Regulatory Examination Management conduct a review against Consumer Operations processes to ensure that similar issues do not exist.
- Oversight of the Change management process to ensure it is completed as per agreed process including the completion of risk assessment, NPA gating, Deal Memo, CBAT, and other change requirements, as needed.
- Assessment of Change, including monthly and quarterly releases within Consumer Operations.
- Review Consumer Operations procedures to determine if the controls in place are adequate or need to be enhanced. Ensure that ARCM’s are aligned to process changes.
Understand and communicate controls framework
- You will help drive a culture of controls by building strong relationships with the Consumer Operations stakeholders and ensuring that Risks are identified and adequate Control processes are in place.
- Work in partnership with line 2 risk and compliance functions to discuss and agree the business control framework and reporting.
In order to be considered for this role, the candidate will possess the following:
- An understanding of operational risk, process and controls concepts, including risk identification, monitoring frameworks and methodologies.
- Adaptable to change and constantly seek opportunities to improve process and controls.
- Ability to engage stakeholder and agree outcomes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Sound background in retail banking and display an understanding of regulatory obligations surrounding consumer banking products.
At least 2 years of internal audit/compliance/risk background gained in consumer banking
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.