Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
First Line Operational Risk Manager
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Job Function: Operations Credit Ops
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18079253
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 90 countries and jurisdictions. Globally, Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
Operational Risk Manager- 1st line
This 1st Line Operational Risk role will be managing a small team of two to three Operational Risk Analysts. Your team will be responsible for supporting the Core Operations business meet the banks operational risk framework requirements and maintain a strong control focus.
In this hands on role you will work within the business to ensure controls are adequately documented and monitored, evaluating how well risks are being managed.
As well as contributing to process/thematic reviews across Core Operations, you will also be involved with the Annual Risk Assessment process, reporting for the monthly Control Management Committee meetings, and quarterly Managers Control Assessment program:
Risk Identification, Analysis, and Management
Coordination of Process Reviews and ‘Deep Dives’
Assist in Audits, Reviews and Regulatory Examination Management
Implementation of corrective action plans
Review and approve Policy and Procedure documents
Produce monthly risk reports for senior management
Escalate incidents to senior management
Liaise with Internal Auditors on behalf of Core Operations and coordinate/review audit deliverables and findings
Perform root cause analysis and establish an effective feedback loop to management
Influence Business Unit Managers to adopt control and process improvement recommendations to enhance the control environment
Ensure successful completion of assigned process reviews, from start to finish, inclusive of wrap up activities.
Develop a thorough understanding of the process, apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identify any potential issues.
Ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Develop testing programs and procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
Validate Corrective Action Plans have successfully mitigated risks raised
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least 5 years experience in a similar role, or in an internal audit/first line risk background gained in consumer banking.
- Be highly motivated and results driven with the capacity to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Be highly adaptable to change and enjoy working in a challenging environment
- Display strong understanding of operational risk, process and controls concepts, including risk identification, monitoring frameworks and methodologies
- Be adaptable to change and constantly seek opportunities to improve process and controls
- Have sound risk reporting skills
- Preferably have a sound background in retail banking, experience in dealing with internal auditors and display an understanding of regulatory obligations surrounding consumer banking products.
- Have experience managing a small team
- Ability to breakdown and communicate technical/complex concepts to a broader audience
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.