Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Finance Planning and Analysis Analyst
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18074695
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst to join our Citi Financial Planning & Analysis team.
The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the onshore FP&A team and offshore functions to deliver the Core FP&A function. This will also require extensive involvement with the business locally, regionally and globally. Strong communication skills are essential as is an ability to tailor communication styles to different levels of management. FP&A quite often becomes a driver for local and global projects so experience in leading projects is important.
Overall, the role offers a lot of variety in day to day activities and ad hoc projects and, as such, the successful applicant will need to be able to manage competing priorities.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Support FP&A head and Citi businesses with preparation of outlooks, forecasts and annual Plan
- Conduct ad hoc deep dive analysis on business drivers impacting revenues, expenses, balance sheet and capital, to provide advice to senior management with the aim of improving business performance;
- Prepare reports, briefing papers and presentations on business performance to the CFO, business heads or others as required;
- Anticipate new trends which may impact financial performance and contribute to improvement initiatives to drive business results.
- Work with the onshore and offshore FP&A teams through plan functional cycles in line with corporate timetables
- Active involvement in Citi’s stress testing activities, including ICAAP and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR)
- Interaction with colleagues in the business, O&T, Global Functions and other areas of Finance in identifying, investigating and resolving issues or areas of enhancement
- Other ad hoc finance or business related projects
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven ability to prioritise and be deadline driven
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, financial modelling background preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; Strong relationship building skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven; works well within a small team
- High attention to detail and accuracy with good use of experienced judgement
- Honesty, integrity and independence
- Solid understanding of banking products
- Strong accounting knowledge, both financial and management accounting
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills; Solid other Office product skills. Experience with accounting systems Oracle Essbase, JADE and Pearl is preferred
- Strong knowledge of forecasting financial system RUBY required to provide input into financial forecasting and risk management. Ability to administer financial product setup in system, and review outputs for accuracy.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.