Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Equity Middle Office Operations Intermediate Analyst
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18070780
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Australian Markets Middle Office supports both the Fixed Income and Equities markets businesses within Australia. The team is made up of 8 people supporting Equity, Listed Options, Rates, Credit and FX Sales. This specific role sits within the Equity Middle Office. You will be a part of the Middle Office team in Australia, covering onshore and offshore Equity flows. Supporting Equity Sales and Trading-Cash/EE and Program, Exchange Traded Options (ETO’S), Delta 1 and Warrants.
- Line ownership of control functions, across post execution risk management
- Responsible for monitoring exception reports and reconciliations to ensure all issues are addressed
- Daily management and ownership of trade exception processing issues
- Daily trade processing, bookings and allocations as required.
- Providing clients with feedback, updates and resolution of issues
- Collaborate with internal colleagues in APAC/EMEA and NAM to make sure Australia MO is applying globally consistent standards and controls
- Engage with traders and salespeople to address adhoc execution/post execution issues
- Client interaction, data analysis and MIS creation to optimize customer service. Including regular OCRM domestic client visits to improve customer service
- Engage with the project teams on any automation, process or system changes that impact on the Equity businesses
- Incorporate the changing Regulatory regime changes into the businesses and make sure Citi adheres to our requirements
To be considered, you need to have the following:
- Full working rights in Australia
- 2+ years experience within Equity and markets businesses Proven experience in a back office role/Middle Office/Trade support role
- Comfortable using of MS Office applications, IRESS and DCA Palion.
- Enhanced excel skills an advantage
- Listed/OTC derivative experience or a global equity product knowledge/ background an advantage
- FICC Bond operational experience desirable
- Strong communication skills, effective inter personal skills to engage and influence multiple interfaces to drive consensus
- Ability to work under resource and time constraints
- Strong conceptual ability to come up with strategies and the plans to execute against them
- Ability to manage complex projects involving multiple interfaces
- Self-starter – positive, energetic and able to prioritize and act upon the important issues whilst keeping communication channels open to relevant stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to deliver against firm timelines
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment