Desktop Support Analyst, Markets & Banking
The Infrastructure Intermediate Technology Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for assisting with LAN / WAN and help desk administration activities, including network maintenance, technical guidance, and security in coordination with the Technology Infrastructure team. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks.
- Resolve moderately complex problems/projects through analysis, technical experience, and precedents; provide analysis for more complex issues, escalating as appropriate
- Participate in testing activities, including the creation and execution of basic test scripts and evaluating results for possible enhancements
- Complete control activities (risk, self-assessment, COB, audit, etc.) and makes recommendations for enhancements
- Collect and organize requirements for hardware acquisition and deployment activities
- Gather, compile and synthesize information regarding technology processes or systems; create and prepare reports
- Assist in systems implementation/enhancements and post implementation activities
- Reach solutions through technical experience and precedents
- Exchange ideas and information in a concise and clear manner
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of experience in a Technology Infrastructure role (education/professional) with demonstrated knowledge of operational process change and improvement
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work with virtual and in-person teams, and work under pressure or to a deadline
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Scope of Function:
To provide dealing room/front-office customers with highly competent & professional desktop support. Will need to build and maintain existing relations with Citi technology staff and internal Business Management. The role will require liaison with third-party market data and application vendors as well as internal domestic and global support groups.
- Work with the team/colleagues collaboratively across the organisation to resolve a variety of technical problems
- Be available to provide backup/additional support to other ICG business units i.e. Banking and Research
- Take ownership of problems from start through to resolution
- Work with off shore offices and support teams to provide a consistent platform of applications
- Resolve local and international problems in a timely manner (may include after hours conference calls, support or in-building user relocations).
- Manage application rollouts for the supported business
- Communicate with management on outstanding problems and possible technology issues
- Log incoming problems to a global system for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Assign time to multiple tasks via a time reporting system
- Installation/relocation of hardware where required by the business
- Maintain “Continuation of Business” site
- “Can do” attitude, decisiveness and logical thinker.
- Attention to detail. Able to appreciate the user’s point of view
- Technical/Specialist skills/competencies
- Excellent technical knowledge of LANs, PC hardware, VMWare and the Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Excellent technical knowledge of the Microsoft Office products
- Technical knowledge of IPC Voice systems
- Excellent technical knowledge of Market data support including Reuters Eikon and Dealing, Bloomberg, Iress, ICAP, Fidessa, Broker screens including GFI, Tullets, BGC.
- Strong functional knowledge on financial instruments and pricing models/systems
- Strong technical experience in dealing room environment and real-time front-office data applications
- Business/Industry knowledge/competencies
- Experience in the Finance industry
- Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- When required, to work shift hours on a rotational basis
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Must be able to deliver quality service in a high pressure working environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Technology and 2-3 years relevant industry experience
- Computing or related qualifications highly regarded, MCP / MCSE preferred
- ITIL qualifications highly regarded
- Description of minimum work experience required for this role
- Experience in the Finance industry
- 3+ years in Trading Floor environment
Job Family Group:Technology
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs