Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Credit Risk Policy Manager
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18055024
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi Australia is currently recruiting for a Risk Policy Manager to join the Unsecured Risk team.
This is a key position within the Unsecured Risk team responsible for analytics to manage policies and product risk for Citi’s Credit Card portfolio, including Partnership cards. This role has high visibility which requires interaction with product, marketing, decision management, finance, credit operations and risk stakeholders at a local/regional level while delivering proactive insights and strategies to manage credit losses within Citi’s Risk appetite framework.
Key accountabilities include:
- Identify opportunities for further enhancement of strategies for growing the portfolio by carrying out analytics projects with business risk /rewards perspective
- Develop, maintain and manage credit policies to provide optimal risk and reward trade-off
- Track portfolio trends and initiate timely control actions
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and keep them abreast of credit performance and proactively drive actions as necessary. Ensure clear communication of priorities/deliverables to manage expectations
- Responsible for portfolio performance in line with forecasts
- Interact with Product and Marketing teams for launch approval of new campaigns
- Work with credit operations unit for implementation and governance of credit policies
- Assess and revise Cards risk appetite framework including development of appropriate benchmarks, initiate champion/challenger initiatives to test boundaries while maintaining healthy risk returns
- Ensure timely completion of regional deliverables including performance monitoring, portfolio quality review and any other ad hoc deliverables
- Needs to be point of contact for CCAR/APRA stress test related activities for the Cards portfolio including liaising with the global modelling team and regional teams to ensure timely development of loss forecasting models, submission of loss outcomes and documentation
Skills and experiences required:
- Knowledge of Unsecured Lending business and risk management
- Ability to present analytical trends into meaningful actionable strategies while thinking holistically
- Proactive identification of issues/pressure points and initiation of corrective actions as necessary
- Song analytical and data mining techniques – such as SAS programming, decision tree tools and advanced Excel
- Applies numerical and analytical skills to support ideas and portfolio performance
- Data mining skills to a high level of complexity
- Applies complex models to measure risk
- Use knowledge of business when conducting analytics
- University degree (Quantitative Academic qualification preferred)
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.