Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Credit Risk Analyst - Model Manager (12 month contract)
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19021636
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Model Risk Analyst
The Credit Risk Modelling Analyst is involved in the development, validation, implementation and ongoing maintenance of various Score and Non-score models utilised by Citi'sConsumer Business across the entire customer credit lifecycle.
Citi's Consumer Business has assets under management of approx. AU$13B. Examples of Citi Score and Non-Score Models include Application, Bureau, Behaviour, Collections, Risk Segmentation and Loss Forecasting and Stress Testing models used for credit planning, CCAR and ICAAP.
As part of the role, the analyst will continually assess the credit performance of the secured and unsecured portfolios to ensure that the tools being utilised in making credit decisions are performing as to expectation and will look to further optimise credit decision ongoing.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders including portfolio and policy managers to gather requirements and be able to formulate strategy proposals to address requirements for new models and/or revisions to existing ones to optimise credit decisions across entire credit life cycle
- Articulate model functionality and details to legal and compliance, global modelling oversight teams and Regional Independent Risk teams to obtain necessary approvals to implement new or continue usage of existing models
- Execute continuous performance monitoring tasks of existing models and find solutions to models that may show signs of being sub-optimal.
- Work with Policy team to find Model solutions to support credit decisions that meet the bank risk appetite framework, leveraging both “on-us” and “off-us” information
- Draw practical and valuable analytics from CCR (Comprehensive Credit Reporting) and ensure that all additional data elements are fully utilised to further optimise the banks credit decisions across the customer credit lifecycle
- Keep abreast of market developments to leverage any “off-us” data to support automated / profit optimised credit decisions
- Ensure that Credit Risk decisions are within the banks risk appetite framework and work with policy managers should risk appetite guardrails be breached
- Ensure that all Models are fully compliant with local and global regulatory requirements
- Advanced SAS programming skills (or similar)
- At least 3-5 yrs in Credit Risk Management role / Unsecured Credit Lending background
- Advanced statistics knowledge
- Basic understanding of consumer lending principles
- Basic understanding of Australian Comprehensive Credit Bureau participation principles and processes
- Robust understanding of banks profit drivers
- Detailed knowledge of credit lifecycle and respective credit decision engines / credit decision processes
- Advanced experience in MS-Access/Excel/Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to present complex statistical information to key stakeholders at differing levels within the bank
- Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Statistics
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.