Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Credit AnalystApply Now Locations: Sydney, New South Wales Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20157448
Our Mortgages Credit Team is responsible for assessing mortgage applications to only eligible deals, to minimise risk to the Bank and provide exceptional service to our brokers and exceed customer expectations. A large part of the role of is to work with out stakeholders and vendors to strengthen our relationship and aim to towards first call resolution.
Your key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate assessment of allocated New Business and Variations applications. Applications are processed under the ‘Ownership Model’ which requires accountability of file management from allocation to final approval
- Thoroughly review application information/documentation and obtain a clear understanding of customer needs and loan purpose to ensure customer satisfaction within SLA
- Professional, clear and concise communication to brokers and customers (and Sales Team where required) both over the phone and in writing throughout the stages of the assessment process. This includes approvals, declines, and requests for further information
- Package and submit deals requiring Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI)
- Liaise with Lenders Mortgage Insurance to obtain approval on proposed applications
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business Development Managers, Mortgage Specialist, customers and brokers as per the ‘Ownership Model Contact Agreement’
- Perform title searches for all deals prior to approval
- Review clarifications received from Cards Acceptance and TCS Wealth Management regarding additional information on pending applications
- Obtain approval from Risk and Mortgage Product where exceptions are required to proceed without a Credit Card or Citiplus Account under Bundled Applications
- Prepare final approval attached supporting documents including title searches, AML for WA securities and forward to support staff to prepare guarantors letters, credit cards , ready credit and CPA
- Review the completed final approval with all supporting documents, sign and instruct Galilee Solicitors to prepare mortgage documents
- Manage and move files which require rate reviews to the Credit Support Officers on a daily basis and ensure the application is signed off and returned to Galilee on the same day
- Management post settlement clarifications received from TCS (Chennai) regarding non maintenance of settled applications
- Proactively identify improvements to service delivery and efficiency
- This may include suggesting changes to credit risk policies, processes and procedures
- Keep abreast and adhere to Policies, Procedures and Risk Bulletins
- Adhere to timeframes on Compliance Training and Quality Assurance
Competencies and Experience to be successful in this position you must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in an operational environment (ideally obtained within banking and finance) Experience in course design and development
- Credit Underwriting Delegation for Mortgage Lending is essential
- Knowledge/experience in Mortgage products and operations, essential Knowledge/experience in Secured credit, essential
- Knowledge/experience in Unsecured credit, advantageous
- Strong experience in Customer Service and Sales, desirable
- Excellent professional communication skills, both oral and written with experience in documentation
- Education Qualifications: Cert IV In Workplace Training and Assessment, essential Adobe Captivate development experience and experience with E-learning, preferred High level of computer literacy in MS Power Point and Word / Intermediate level in Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of implications for working within a regulated environment
- Well organized, attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to change
- Minimal supervision required
- Able to work autonomously and within a team environment
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.