Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Compliance Officer 12 Month Maternity Leave Cover
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19027572
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
We are currently looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team for a 12 month period to assist with supporting the Consumer bank by providing regulatory guidance and compliance advice on Citi policies.
You will also serve Consumer compliance risk senior analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) team responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM
- Assist with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business
- Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the supported function/business/product
- Supporting the business in performing timely compliance reviews of new transactions and/or products
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product
- Researching any rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules/regulations
Key skills and experiences required:
- 3+ years financial services including relevant compliance experience
- Comprehensive understanding of financial products, ideally across deposits, FX, investments, mortgages and the regulatory framework surrounding them, including Corporations Act, National Credit Act, ASIC
- Regulatory Guides, Privacy Act, Code of Banking Practice
- Experience in dealing with regulatory enquiries, in particular ASIC
- Experience in dealing with complex complaints, e.g., potential AFCA systemic issues and OAIC complaints
- A current understanding of the Australia consumer banking industry as well as the regulatory focus, in particular ASIC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organisation
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units and have the ability to navigate a complex organisation
- Relevant degree or professional qualification
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.