Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Collections Operations ManagerApply Now Locations: Sydney, New South Wales Job Function: Operations Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19133918
Provide leadership and line management to the Collections Operations team to deliver upon the planned Delinquency and Credit loss numbers while ensuring a positive customer experience and motivated people. The current unsecured portfolio across products includes CitiCards, Ready Credit, Personal Loans, Virgin Cards, BOQ Cards and Suncorp Cards is $5.5 billion and annual Net Credit Loss target >$200MM. The goals are to be achieved through proactive analysis and strategic solutions to mitigate the possible risks and achieve better outcomes /outcomes
Your key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop strategies which lead to Citibank Australia meeting or exceeding best practice in terms of unsecured portfolio performance
- Develop processes, procedures and strategies, which lead to Citibank Australia meeting or exceeding best practice in terms of recovery of written off accounts
- To effectively manage the areas within Collections in partnership with the Collections Manager for Onshore and Offshore teams which include:
- Optimizing productivity and quality
- Operation of the Unit in accordance with the operating policies and procedures
- Compliance with all internal and external regulations
- Offshore Management
- Maintain an understanding of technological developments for Collections, forming and submitting recommendations as appropriate
- Implement strategies for pre-charge off collections that will mitigate possible risks and assist in meeting Delinquency, Roll Loss and NCL goals
- Represent Collections in Projects/Initiatives that have a direct/indirect impact on operations/processes
- Promote digitization/new technologies available in the market
- Lead the implementation of all relevant credit/risk policies as defined in the policies and procedures manual and the Global Consumer Credit & Fraud Risk Policies manual
- Utilise MIS and quality checks to drive results and adherence to standards
- Develop and implement metrics and MIS to manage people and processes - take pre-emptive and corrective action as appropriate. Lift productivity and results in all areas
- Establish appropriate financial targets for Collections and ensure consistency and predictability in results
- Robust forecasting to identify risks and provide early solutions to mitigate the risk/s
- Manage controllable costs in line with business plan and forecasts.
- Ensure high level employee morale in the team with clear communication and reward mechanisms
To be successful in this position you must have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in debt management and collections/credit; solid consumer collections/recoveries experience gained in a retail bank, card company, other retail financial services institution or debt collection agency
- Exposure to retail banking products (e.g. credit cards, personal loans) preferred
- Planning & organizing skills
- Sound knowledge of Debt Collections Guidelines, Privacy Act, Consumer Credit Code, Bankruptcy law and Banking Code of Practice
- Strong analytical skills in addition to strategic and lateral thought processes
- Ability to innovate and conceptualise solutions based on MIS
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.