The Collections Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Manages one team (consisting of support staff and or entry-level analysts). Manages team projects and deliverables. Uses independent judgment to resolve problems and troubleshoot discrepancies within computerized collection systems and the data contained therein. Uses expert knowledge in various skip tracing tools to locate debtors and to manage accuracy of personal information including home address, place of employment, wage and lien information, or bank accounts. Designs new work procedures, analyzes complex and variable issues with significant departmental impact. Manages staffing requirements to meet operational needs. Coaches staff; manages performance; makes compensation decisions; manages staff career development. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area to resolve issues. Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how own area collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals. Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations. Directly impacts the area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and contribution to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures; influences resource planning. Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Manage a team (consisting of support staff and / or basic level analysts).
- Manage the projects and the final products of the team.
- Applies independent decisions to solve problems and detect discrepancies in the computerized collection systems and the data stored there.
- Uses expert knowledge in various tracking tools to find the location of debtors and manage the accuracy of personal information, including home address, place of work, salary and embargo information, or bank accounts.
- Design new work procedures, analyze complex and variable issues that greatly affect the department.
- Manages personnel requirements to meet operational needs.
- Train the staff; manages performance; makes decisions about compensation; guarantees the professional development of the staff.
- Applies deep disciplinary knowledge of concepts and procedures in one's own area to solve problems.
- Evaluates the performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for salary increases, hiring, rescission of contracts and other actions of the personnel.
- Demonstrates an integral knowledge of how the area as a whole is integrated to contribute and achieve business objectives.
- Make evaluative decisions according to an analysis of the factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly affects the area through shared responsibility to produce the final results and contribute to planning, budget administration and the formulation of procedures; It also affects resource planning.
- Persuades and influences other people through solid communication and diplomacy skills;
- Fulfilling the clients’ necessities while providing an exceptional client experience is the expected behavior from all our employees and it will be measured by specific metrics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Experience in collection
- Decision making I work under pressure Leadership Effective communication Handling equipment Analysis and synthesis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Operations - Collections Default
Job Family:Core Collections
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs