Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Cash & Trade Processing Officer (12 months contract)Locations: Sydney, New South Wales Job Function: Operations - Transaction Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19106489
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Cash & Trade Processing Intmd Analyst (12 months contract) is an intermediate level role responsible for ensuring transactions are processed accurately and on time in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The strategic intent of this role is to ensure the successful execution of operational processes in line with business objective and desired customer experience. The incumbent will drive successful execution and responsible to process and deliver Premium Client Service to our base of Corporate, Financial Institution and Global Subsidiary clients.
Requirements of the role will be to develop closer relationships with our existing and potential trade client base, undertaking certain pre and post processing trade and guarantee functions.
The incumbent will have oversight on ensuring that our Regional Processing Centres execute transactions within agreed cut-off cycle times and to an acceptable service standard and management of enquiries.
The incumbent will be required to build stakeholder and vendor partnerships that may be onshore or offshore, internal or external. Key areas of focus are the delivery of KPI’s, execution quality, exception management, continuous improvement and execution of stakeholder initiatives.
- Responsible for the pre-processing functions attaching to our customer’s trade transactions including:
- Receipt of transaction documents and initial review to ensure completeness.
- Registration of transactions into Internal systems (TRIMS )
- Transmission of transactional data to Offshore processing unit
- Management of TRIMS print queues
- Attach printed schedules to documents and arrange dispatch
- Maintain files relating to transactions processed
- End to End processing of Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Financial Guarantees and Standby Letters of Credit
- Ensure prompt payment and collection of any outstanding fees on our Trade Transactions
- Pro- active follow up of transactions to ensure they are processed by off shore teams within the agreed cycle and cut-off times.
- Liaison with Offshore Processing Teams
- Handling of customer inquiries and maintenance of service standards to ensure a prompt response to the customer.
- Maintain audit and compliance standards
- Keep knowledge up to date for trade and banking practices to deliver a premium service.
- Work closely with the Trade Sales team on new business referrals.
- Work closely with the Relationship Managers, TTS Trade Product, Sales and Operational teams to support Trade Product and transactional services.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2+ years banking operations experience. Trade or transactional or client service experience.
- Understanding of Australian Banking payment systems, Trade processing ICC standards.
- Understanding of SWIFT payment process desirable.
- Understanding of operational process and their relationships across the organisation both onshore and offshore.
- Knowledge of Citibank products, policies, and procedures is desirable but not essential.
- Managing and developing client relationships.
- Managing and developing internal stakeholder relationships
- Customer service experience would be highly desirable.
- Practice of continuous improvement initiatives desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.