Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Business Controls Manager - 12 month contract
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19034392
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Consumer Business Risk and Control (“CBORC”) function supports the Citi Australia Consumer Business line 1 risk management processes. This includes risk identification, measurement, assessment, and reporting, issue remediation and tracking, product development risk assessment and management, and policy implementation.
The Business Controls Manager will provide support in line 1 risk governance, including dashboard development, senior presentations, and tracking of Corrective Action Plans. The candidate will interface with senior staff across multiple business units, including In-business controls, Compliance, Risk Management, and Business Management and will be highly involved in processes and business initiatives to build a best in class franchise
The role requires effective engagement and relationship skills to influence and deliver appropriate business outcomes whilst ensuring a strict adherence to internal policy and external regulatory requirements.
- Support Head of CBORC in overall line 1 governance, including dashboard development, monthly senior leadership team presentations materials, Country Business Risk Committee content
- Co-ordinate cross-business issue remediation
- Co-ordinate and report on status updates on ‘Corrective Action Plans’, identifying items at risk of slippage and advising on remediation actions
- Perform targeted deep dive reviews to identify control framework weaknesses and improvement opportunities
- Participate in incident reporting in conjunction with IBC and business
- Co-ordinate ongoing Consumer wide exception escalation and follow-up (e.g. gaps to mandatory training, mandatory absence)
- Assist manager with co-ordination of key cross-business control reviews and remediation
- MCA testing and reporting fails to business, and influence business to remediate issues through iCAP
- Co-ordinate MCA submission by sub-entities quarterly and prepare consolidated reports to opine on ‘health’ of GCG
- Perform ad hoc projects e.g. MCA data quality
- Data retrieval and perform data analytics to identify outliers, exceptions and ensuring remediation by business
- Perform related tasks as required by manager(s)
- Tertiary education
- Relevant professional qualifications desired but not essential (e.g. CA, CPA, CIA etc)
- 5+ years’ experience in risk, controls, audit, process related fields
- Strong understanding of process and controls concepts, including risk identification, monitoring frameworks and methodologies
- Sound background in Consumer bank products and processes and of retail financial product risk
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework surrounding consumer banking products
- Sound background in use of data retrieval and analytics tool (i.e. SAS)
- Strong understanding of operational risk concepts and control
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel/PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to perform controls testing end to end according to product life cycle and to identify control gaps
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.