Audit Manager, Equities and Securities Services Audit - Vice President
At Citi, our employees reflect the remarkable range of cultures and perspectives of our clients across the more than 160 countries and jurisdictions where we do business – a powerful advantage that combines global insights with deep local knowledge. We recognize that unique individuals, collaborative teams and inclusive leaders have far-reaching impact and are the engines of new ideas. It’s our willingness to embrace the richness of our diverse teams, ideas and possibilities that drives our growth and progress.
What progress will you make?
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries.
Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally.
Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role supports the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The candidate will be a member of the IA Equities and Securities Services team. As a member of the Equities and Securities Services audit team, the individual will work on the delivery of audit tasks and to build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships. In this role, the individual will be expected to leverage the product/functional expertise of the Global IA team and be execution focused. The candidate may be expected to travel. This position will be based in Sydney, Australia.
The Audit Manager role will focus on the Securities Services business in Australia. Securities Services offers Agency Securities Lending; Futures, Clearing and Collateral; Global Funds Services (Fund Administration includes Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency and Middle Office Services), Issuer Services; Direct Custody & Clearing and Global Custody.
In this role, you’re expected to:
- Develop and execute an assurance approach for the Securities Services business which includes Direct Custody and Clearing, Global Custody, Fund accounting, Transfer Agency and Trustee services.
- Demonstrate good understanding of Fiduciary rules and regulations to ensure adequate coverage of fiduciary businesses within Securities Services
- Engagement with senior stakeholders as part of Business Monitoring to track the onboarding of new clients to Citi platforms and key business updates and market events impacting Settlements, Clearing and Asset Servicing functions.
- Maintain engagement with the broader Securities Services team to ensure appropriate information sharing, keep to up to date in emerging trends and updates within the Securities Services industry.
- Support the implementation of the global coverage model for Securities Services which may include managing global audits.
- Manage a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals that delivers audit reports, in accordance with Internal audit and regulatory standards
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget
- Manage audit activities for a component of a product line at the regional or country level including a portion of the annual audit plan
- Review and approves the Business Monitoring Quarterly summary and serve as lead reviewer for various tasks
- Collaborate with teams across the business and determine impact on the overall control environment and audit approach
- Advise and assists the business on change initiatives, while advancing integrated auditing concepts and technology adoption
- Apply an in-depth understanding of Internal Audit standards, policies and technology to a specific product or function
As a successful candidate, you’d ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience managing including experience in managing complex audits as well as senior stakeholders engagement.
- Experience in audit and understanding Securities Services business is preferred with focus on custody processes.
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Effective verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 200,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact.
Job Family Group:Internal Audit
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs