Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Jersey Markets Treasury head and Country TreasurerApply Now Locations: St Helier Job Function: Institutional Trading Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19100888
Markets Treasury is globally responsible for managing Citigroup’s (ICG) Bank liquidity. Markets Treasury manages and hedges significant interest rate and liquidity risk arising from the bank chain balance sheet utilising a range of cash and derivative fixed income products, including a portfolio of high quality fixed income securities. The business additionally engages in selected secured lending activity.
Markets Treasury is the primary interface for users of the bank balance sheet throughout Western Europe, partnering all other bank chain product groups (ICG and Consumer) to facilitate their treasury requirements in order to develop the Treasury franchise, while working within a pre-determined transfer pricing framework, internal Citi liquidity and price risk limits and related policies, along with the external regulatory frameworks applicable to the activities of the business.
- To run the Markets Treasury Jersey based team, managing the capital, funding and liquidity of all the legal vehicles within permissible regulatory and internal frameworks and risk tolerances, to generate strong, stable returns and to efficiently manage activity.
- This includes:
- Providing businesses with risk identification, risk management, product development and funding strategy through appropriate transfer pricing of both interest and liquidity risks, as approved by the Country ALCO and the Regional Treasurer.
- Monitoring of resultant liquidity, interest rate and currency risks within approved limits, triggers and ratios.
- Ensure regulatory and local rating agency requirements are met with respect to balance sheet, liquidity, interest rate, FX, and capital measurements.
- Day-to-day liquidity management of advised activity within regulatory and internal guidance in close coordination with the Regional Corporate Treasury team.
- Communication to Country ALCOs and Regional treasurers of accurate and timely information about material balance sheet exposure, changes and issues.
- Understanding and compliance with the Regulatory environment including Local and US Regulators.
- Management of the day to day activities of the local Markets Treasury team.
- To provide BAU and COB support and coverage for other parts of MT as required.
- The incumbent would gain first-hand experience of managing a team and interacting with senior management. The individual will gain valuable knowledge across a wide range of product and regulatory areas.
- In working closely with the other businesses across the wider ICG business the individual would enhance his book and balance sheet management skills, as well as liquidity and interest rate exposures for Jersey and Switzerland.
- The role also gives the opportunity to build general Treasury and business management skills in orchestrating activity across partner and support business groups including Private Bank, Consumer bank, Corporate Treasury, Product Control and the Operations Departments within the ICG.
- You will become a member of a team within the Fixed Income Division, with a specific focus of interest rate and liquidity risk management.
- Strong knowledge of balance sheet management.
- Strong understanding of macroeconomics in relation to fixed income markets.
- Strong knowledge of Interest Rate and FX in relation to treasury and rates.
- Knowledge of Regulatory requirements.
- Effective communication skills
- Efficient time management
- Good analytical/quantitative skills
- Ability to manage a team, including developing team members and motivating them.
- Ability to delegate, innovate and inspire.
- Undergraduate Degree preferred.
- ACI Dealing Certificate or equivalent required before starting role.
- Organisational and planning skills
- Work as part of a broader flexible team
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - JE
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.