SVP Markets APAC ex-Japan Conduct Risk Manager
The Conduct Risk team is part of the COO Organization within Global Markets (part of Citi’s Institutional Client Group). The team is part of the first line and works with the Markets Trading and Sales businesses as well as various functions including ICRM, Risk, Legal, Finance and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute a wide range of conduct risk and controls required to respond to regulatory driven requirements and reform across business lines, products and entities. The Markets Conduct Risk team globally consists of multiple pillars, specializing in Conduct Risk Framework, Transaction Monitoring, Supervision, e-Trading, Benchmarks, Auctions, Conflicts of Interest and Conduct Strategy implementation and projects.
This is a senior manager role in the Asia ex-Japan Conduct Risk team reporting into the APAC ex-Japan Head of Markets Conduct Risk. This role includes the execution of the strategic vision for Conduct Risk framework, BAU controls & framework role out along with managing and owning the relevant governance, oversight of the change book of work & BAU relating to conduct risk. This role holder will be required to engage with both internal and external parties and stakeholders such as Regulators, Third Party vendors, and participate in Industry groups focused around Conduct Risk.
The following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
- Take ownership and bring together the APAC ex-Japan conduct risk agenda & delivery
- Partner with the APAC ex-Japan Head of Conduct Risk to help drive and deliver global standardisation of conduct risk controls
- Accountable for the successful delivery of change in line with overall Conduct programmes across APAC ex-Japan, in line with the objectives and timescales
- Work with the global Markets Conduct Risk team, Business Supervisors, Control partners and Technology to efficiently build target state controls, and re-engineer processes to ensure effective and best in class conduct controls that are consistently applied between all regions and countries
- Work with the APAC ex-Japan Head of Markets Conduct Risk to align priorities and deliverables across the region
- Support consistent ongoing application of Markets Conduct Risk Taxonomy (MCRT) across Markets, with integration into Manager Control Assessments (MCA) framework and Citi Risk & Control (CRC) platform
- Contribute to review and making continuous improvements to Markets Conduct Risk Framework and Methodology
- Help drive and deliver new and existing conduct risk control enhancements
- Conduct metric enhancement & creation to capture and measure Conduct Risks emerging globally and within APAC region
- Provide support to local Supervisors in helping them discharge their supervisory obligations in relation to Conduct
- Provide support to the global team in maintaining a current Auctions and Benchmarks inventory
- Interact with X-Markets Risk & Controls, Compliance, Internal Audit and other control functions to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures
- Creating, submitting and presenting timely updates on Conduct Risk to Business Risk & Control Forums and other regional governance
- Support evolving the conduct control framework and assist with delivery of solutions to sufficiently mitigate existing and new emerging risks
- Support the Markets business and Compliance with development and enhancement of applicable policies and training
- In partnership with the APAC ex-Japan Head of Markets Conduct Risk co-own, drive and deliver the regulatory conduct deliverables across APAC ex-Japan
- Assist the APAC ex-Japan Head of Markets Conduct Risk in any ad-hoc reviews and regulatory / supervisory examinations of the Markets business
- Understand and own horizon scanning and competitor landscape analysis for Conduct Risk within APAC ex-Japan, aligning the same with the Global Conduct Risk priorities
- Understand key regulations concerning banking and securities industry
- Regulatory engagement and feedback on conduct linked items
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Excellent understanding of Conduct Risk along with full markets trade lifecycle across front office, middle office, back office and control functions and associated infrastructure. Strong understanding of operational processes, risks and related controls, associated with Markets businesses.
Able to demonstrate experience of:
- Conduct Risk understanding, implementation & framework delivery
- Excellent understanding of control design and effectiveness assessment techniques and practices
- Ability to work with and influence Senior management in regards to conduct risk
- Collaboration with end to end teams and involved in evolving an effective control environment across Markets to deliver effective risk mitigation
- Partnering with business to deliver effective change to improve accountability
- Working in the Markets organization either on public or private side
- Able to evidence a strong track record of shaping and driving change
- Successful delivery of change requiring significant stakeholder engagement and coordination
Skills and Competencies: Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Ability to lead and secure an enhanced level of engagement internally with the business and able to engage and represent Citi externally with the regulators.
- Deep knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, in areas such as risk identification, risk appetite and risk assessment
- Leading change in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Excellent influencing, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery, with an ability to build relationships and interact effectively with regional and global stakeholders
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master’s degree
- Circa 10+ years’ experience in leadership roles with an exceptional track record of delivery
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs