Senior Program Governance Manager (Hybrid / SVP)
The Senior Program Governance Manager is challenging, fast paced and leadership role in CGW Technology Team. The Program Manager is accountable for governance of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. This role is expected to have an extensive functional ownership, orientation and governance across APAC/EMEA to give a single view of business/tech capabilities. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Need to create capabilities heatmap, footprints, country variations, segment variations leading to technology solution variations and complexities. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Supports planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs.
- Manages multiple teams or a functional area (depending on size of business).
- Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Ensures creation and signoff of program plan and charter, benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log.
- Ensures program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents.
- Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities.
- Ensures stakeholders understand the program schedule and key milestones, and receive schedule status regularly.
- Ensures funding has been approved for the program.
- Ensures all areas of the program are appropriately staffed and program commitment from those assigning resources.
- Escalates program risks to the Program Director, or Program Sponsor, when appropriate.
- Ensures vendor performance is monitored and actions taken if performance warrants.
- Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Exercises shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience in Program management during which a structured approach (methodology) was applied to the successful management, tracking, planning, monitoring, and reporting of concurrent, multiple financial services projects spanning broad geographies and organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MPP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Agile Tools: Jira, Confluence, SharePoint
- Excellent skills in communication, presentation, influencing others, negotiations, and leading diverse, geographically dispersed teams
- Experience performing Internal and/or External Audit coordination
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to operate in a multi-national environment with different time zones, languages, and cultures
- Finance / accounting knowledge or experience as a plus
- Third Party Management knowledge or experience a plus
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Master's degree
- PMP or Scrum Certification is preferred
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs