Regional Consumer Business Data Manager – Policy, Governance & Metrics (AVP)
Citi’s Global Consumer Business (GCB) Operational Risk and Controls (CBORC) organization drives global consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues in the Global Consumer Bank. CBORC fosters a culture of control and customer centricity and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational, and operational risks.
The Regional Consumer Business Data Manager – Policy, Governance & Metrics function is a vital role that is responsible for overseeing the Policy, Governance & Metrics implementation, BAU and respective data activities and controls to support the Consumer Business’ adherence to the Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP) and Standards, covering 17 countries in Asia and EMEA Consumer with multi-jurisdictional regulatory complexities. This role reports to the Asia/EMEA Regional Consumer Data Quality & Governance Manager.
Working in close collaboration with Global, Regional and Country Business, CBORC, Operations, Technology, Data Custodians Data Providers, Process owners and cross functional partners, the incumbent will engage in the respective Policy, Governance & Metrics workstreams, identify issues, control gaps to be remediated and improvement opportunities on a timely basis, and implement comprehensive and effective processes, including Policy, Governance & Metrics continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the respective workstreams in end-to-end terms for the in-scope Asia/EMEA GCB Markets, and in alignment with the relevant global and regional stakeholders.
- Working within the GCB Global Data Governance Office and teams, this role will be responsible for providing guidance and oversight into data, policy, governance, metrics, data systems, and process improvements.
- The role will work with Business, Operations and Technology Stakeholders to provide Process and Procedure support in relation to identification of critical data elements, definition of data quality rules, and implementation of data quality measurement and monitoring.
- Work with Global Risk, Finance and Compliance/ICRM Stakeholders to ensure their data needs are met and that data quality issues/defects/concerns originating from Global Consumer Business processes are remediated in support of Risk, Finance and Compliance objectives.
- The role will work with Business, Operations and Technology Stakeholders to help adopt Data Standards as identified by ECDO.
- Help improve data quality issue management and resolution processes to ensure data quality issues are identified, prioritized and remediated effectively.
- Report on data governance initiatives to Senior Management and GCB DGO / ECDO- as appropriate, and other relevant management committees.
- The role will identify and lead efforts to implement or modify necessary policies, procedures and system enhancements to fill/address current and future Data Governance gaps/needs.
- Work with Global Stakeholders to develop and implement Data Governance policies and procedures covering Data Quality, Data Control, and Data Strategy.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the individual data elements, the related measurements and metrics used by GCB Lines of Business/Countries, understanding data lineage, data transformation, reporting, and ultimately how it feeds into Business decisions and actions.
- Collaborate with Data Governance Officers across the Consumer Business to identify Data Governance gaps and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Develop and implement required data governance scorecards / dashboards covering Data Quality, Data Control, and Data Strategy.
- Help Regional DGO drive direction and manage/measure progress against specified goals.
- Provide regular performance and status reports to the required Stakeholders and contribute to status meetings.
- Collaborate with IT/BI teams on required Data Governance IT projects to ensure requirements are met and completed in a timely manner.
- Create processes to track and monitor progress resulting from measurement of critical data elements to identify priority data issues and to provide insights on identified issues as how they might impact the data and business processes.
- Measure effectiveness of Data Governance processes and capabilities.
- Measure Data Governance Program rollout progress, including policies and procedures.
- Initiate and manage a data user communication strategy covering system and data problems notifications, systems and data enhancement notifications, as well as useful tips.
- Initiate and complete Policy, Governance & Metrics annual and other relevant reviews.
- Superb ability in strategic thinking and the ability to frame business problems. Excellent communication skills and ability to work with senior management required.
- A strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to influence broadly and challenge conventional thinking. Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams. An influencer who communicates clearly and frequently to both technical analysts and non-technical Business leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business.
- Advanced degree preferred. (Masters or above in fields including but not limited to: Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics).
- 10+ years of analytical type of work experience preferred, with a strong understanding of data, databases, data tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, etc.) and data processing experience.
- Excellent program/project management skills required.
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies along with data quality management principles.
- Data quality business process improvement experience as it pertains to compliance and data quality initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in consumer/retail banking or financial services.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, and the ability to engage resources outside of their direct control to achieve objectives.
- Solid working knowledge of core business functions such as quality management, data management, business intelligence, and information technology.
- Experience driving large-scale technology-based change initiatives, in consumer banking such as retail banking, credit cards, mortgage, investment products or small business will be an asset.
- Able to work well across multiple functional areas and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and to interface with internal and external resources to define requirements.
- Project management and/or process reengineering experience in key bank functions such as sales, marketing, finance, risk, products, operations, technology or compliance will be an asset.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail. Tenacity to identify the root cause of problems is essential.
- Capability to quickly switch contexts between strategic and detailed analyses.
- Willingness to pitch-in with other team members. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to objectively evaluate established business processes, policies and programs.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated professional with clear and strong “can do” approach.
- Seasoned go-getter who can manage ambiguities well
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to manage large and diverse set of stakeholders. Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and accepted by various parties.
- Strong knowledge of Consumer processes, controls and systems
- Detail oriented; diligent and self-driven
- Proactive and Dynamic. Able to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in situations requiring analytical, interpretive and problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrable ability in partnering across multi-functional organizations to bring about change in a specialize function or capability.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs