Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Portfolio CounselorApply Now Locations: Singapore, Singapore Job Function: Consumer Sales Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20163276
The Product Sales Lead Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Works closely with the field sales managers and support the field sales professionals in a particular geographic area.
- Partners with workforce in area to grow their existing clients’ share of wallet and win a greater percentage of their high net worth prospects by focusing on delivering quality solutions that meet individual client’s needs.
- Educates sales force on product solutions, create customized proposals for high net worth clients and be available to accompany sales professionals to deliver solutions in client meetings.
- Collaborates with colleagues to offer complete advice and wealth solutions to clients.
- Leverages specialists and wholesalers to provide subject matter expertise where appropriate and present or co-present at client events.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in area on products and planning concepts.
- Maintains recent knowledge of new products, industry trends, regulatory requirements, tax law changes, etc.
- Partners with product support team to provide case management and design support.
- Provides a high level of communication and customer service to sales professionals and their clients.
- Balances requests from different sales professionals across the area and actively monitor the queue of outstanding cases and client meeting calendar.
- Presents to clients at events hosted by sales professionals within area.
- Responsible for travel to field sales for meetings including clients.
- Accountable for product revenue goals and penetration goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience in product sales required.
- Expertise in managing a sales territory. Broad understanding of financial services, product solutions and all aspects of planning strategies and concepts
- Client-centric skills including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Based on product type, specific licensing may be required (e.g. life and health, Series 7, Series 66)
- Expect up to 75% travel, although it will typically be limited to area day trips.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Provide in-depth quality investment portfolio advisory across multi asset classes (managed investments , capital market & treasury products etc) so as to assist client in their investment portfolio construction process
- On-going regular total wealth and investment portfolio reviews with portfolio re-balancing recommendation. This includes guidance on macro outlook, asset allocation, portfolio analysis (to reveal portfolio characteristics, risk-reward profile & scenario analysis etc), managers/strategies selection, tactical strategies and overlay, currency risk etc.
- Partnering various other specialists (eg treasury & insurance specialists) to offer both holistic and tactical investment solutions such as structured products, option, endowment and annuity etc as part of their overall wealth plan and AUM building.
- Elevate the competency and productivity of Relationship Managers Perform through coaching and training and joint-calls, conducting markets and products updates, training on portfolio analytical tools and portfolio management etc and sharing best advisory practices to breed success.
- Host/facilitate investment talks/ seminars or events in collaboration with Investment Team / Branch leaders
- Tertiary degree, preferably in Finance/Banking/Business Administration.
- Min 6 years of relevant working experience, in a financial institution with relevant experiences in various specialisation of wealth and investment advisory, investment product sales, portfolio management, asset managment sales / advisory
- Professional qualifications in any of the following:
a. Master of Science in Wealth Management
b. Chartered Financial Analyst
c. Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
d. Certified Financial Planner
e. Chartered Financial Consultant
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Financial Planning, Portfolio Management
Proficient with Bloomberg /Reuters , Excel & Powerpoint
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.