New Activity Risk Manager - Senior Vice President
Whether you’re at the start of your career or looking to discover your next adventure, your story begins here. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and make a difference at one of the world’s most global banks. We’re fully committed to supporting your growth and development from the start with extensive on-the-job training and exposure to senior leaders, as well as more traditional learning. You’ll also have the chance to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Shape your Career with Citi
At Citi, we get to connect millions of people across hundreds of cities and countries every day. And we've been doing it for more than 200 years. We do this through our unparalleled global network. We provide a broad range of financial services and products to our clients – whether they be consumers, corporations, governments or institutions – to help them meet their biggest opportunities and face the world's toughest challenges.
Supporting our core businesses to responsibly provide financial services and create the best outcomes for our clients every day is a full-time job. Employees on our Global Functions teams encompass an array of critical roles from ensuring we’re prudently managing risk to making sure our global transactions run smoothly.
Citi’s Risk Management organization oversees risk-taking activities and assesses risks and issues independently of the front line units. We establish and maintain the enterprise risk management framework that ensures the ability to consistently identify, measure, monitor, control and report material aggregate risks.
We’re currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Vice President, New Activity Risk Manager - Hybrid (Internal Job Title: UDCS Risk Senior Officer I - C14) based in Singapore. Being part of our team means that we’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decision and manage your financial well-being to help plan for your future. For instance:
- Citi provides programs and services for your physical and mental well-being including access to telehealth options, health advocates, confidential counseling and more. Coverage varies by country.
- We believe all parents deserve time to adjust to parenthood and bond with the newest members of their families. That’s why in early 2020 we began rolling out our expanded Paid Parental Leave Policy to include Citi employees around the world.
- We empower our employees to manage their financial well-being and help them plan for the future.
- Citi provides access to an array of learning and development resources to help broaden and deepen your skills and knowledge as your career progresses.
- We have a variety of programs that help employees balance their work and life, including generous paid time off packages.
- We offer our employees resources and tools to volunteer in the communities in which they live and work. In 2019, Citi employee volunteers contributed more than 1 million volunteer hours around the world.
In this role, you’re expected to:
New Activity Risk Management:
Responsible for risk management and coordination of the end-to-end activities of the New Activity approval process, including but not limited to:
- Ensure strong governance, appropriate senior management engagement, and the delivery of strong risk management decisions in a commercial timeframe and manner throughout the new activity lifecycle.
- Engage with businesses and stakeholders across different businesses, geographies, and functions to initially pre-screen, assess and advise on their new activity proposals;
- Work with individual businesses to advise, review and assist in preparation of proposals that are to be brought for review;
- Schedule, manage and steer Technical Due Diligence process and arrange Committee meetings depending on the approval Pathways;
- Assist businesses with validation and closure of any approval conditions assigned through the review process;
- Maintain formal documentation, proceedings and records of approved new activity proposals; and
- Effectively manage and ensure delivery of Post Execution Reviews to ensure execution occurred in a manner consistent with parameters and risk appetite defined during the new activity approval process.
Planning and Consultation:
Engage with global risk colleagues, other senior control functional partners and business heads across regions and all LODs to drive the NARM transformation and implementation;
- Advise businesses on implementing, improving and maintaining risk management best practices, and identify, address and resolve issues. Where necessary, ensure escalation to Senior Management; and
- Advise businesses on new activity development and innovation to ensure compliance to Citi policies, and in consideration of country and global regulatory requirements.
Monitoring and Strategy:
- Establish processes for consistent and ongoing product risk monitoring;
- Liaise with regional control functions and in-business control and surveillance functions to ensure visibility of issues across businesses;
- Engage with regional and country teams and regional control functions in overseeing assigned business/product (Markets, Banking and Services) activities, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, ensuring adherence to Citi’s policies and standards, applying robust risk management oversight over business conduct and practices, and escalating risk and control issues with transparency;
- Represent the team as required at designated governance committees/ forums and demonstrate both a credible challenge to, and strong influence on covered businesses;
- Investigate anomalies and policy violations, and partner with stakeholders to establish agreement and oversight of corrective action plans thereafter;
- Monitor financial markets and industry/product trends to identify emerging risks and engage businesses accordingly; and
- Follow regulatory developments with assigned business activities coverage and assist in relationship management with regulators as required.
Gain a broad understanding of Citi’s businesses and products, and exposure to similar new activity and other product approval committees across different Citi businesses. The developmental opportunities include:
- Unparalleled organizational exposure and opportunities to interact with senior members of Citi businesses and control functions;
- Develop an understanding of Citi’s risk and control areas and their key issues and considerations;
- Learn the key issues associated with developing new activities and how to address them; and
- Gain insight into franchise risk management issues and regulatory considerations.
As a successful candidate, you’d ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- Knowledge of Citi’s businesses and products, or the equivalent at organizations of similar complexity and maturity; and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethics, takes pride of ownership of deliverables and the activities of the team;
- Sound ethical and moral compass with the ability to make difficult decisions and communicate/document those decisions effectively;
- Intellectually curious; conceptual and innovative thinking; ability to see the "big picture" without losing sight of details, strong risk management skills;
- Flexibility in thought and approach; able to introduce creative solutions and enact reasonable judgement to complex issues;
- Attuned to macroeconomic, industry and regulatory events/trends;
- Quantitative and analytical capabilities;
- Ability to manage and influence divergent views across the organization;
- Ability to connect with people across geographies and functions and create and maintain strong relationships; and
- Open to expanding responsibilities outside of direct experience.
Working at Citi is far more than just a job. A career with us means joining a family of more than 230,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community and make a real impact.
Take the next step in your career, apply for this role at Citi today
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Underwriting & Distrib Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs