Markets Operations – APAC Commodities Operations Officer
Citi Markets Operations is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in our People and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model, creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global, and diverse Organisation, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Oﬃce groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a signiﬁcant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and have signiﬁcant impact across the lifecycle of a trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Oﬃce Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having signiﬁcant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group, dedicated to overseeing the Organizational service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a ﬁrst-class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Business Intelligence and Process Re-engineering group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi’s innovation labs to drive optimization, and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology partners develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the ﬁrm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artiﬁcial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the ﬁrm, and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners, and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimize and streamline processes and drive strategy across our industry.
- Reporting into Singapore Markets Ops Leadership Team, the primary responsibility of this Commodities Operations Officer will be
- Proactive engagement with Singapore country and Global Commodities stakeholders (Business, Technology, Finance/PCG, Legal, Operations) in order to support the business and clients trading in Commodities products
- Working very closely with Operations Control on developing and adhering to an effective control framework that fully meets Audit, Compliance and Regulatory requirements; delivery of periodic presentations to external regulators as required.
- Involvement in shaping/building standardized and sustainable operational workflow and service standards for new product/production variations launches by Global/APAC Commodities business. ie. NPAC process.
- Ensuring robust infrastructure and tools (Dashboards, MIS, Alerts etc.) are in place to effectively manage risk and service our clients to a high standard.
- Process commodities settlements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with internal stakeholders to resolve pricing/feed issues.
- Assist in the investigation of cash breaks in our reconciliations, in coordination with the global Cash Breaks team.
- Contribute to the development of new techniques related to the settlement functions and the improvement of processes and workflow for the area
- Contribute to change-the-bank projects and offers advanced solutions
- Escalate control gaps and issues to leadership and implement procedures and solutions to mitigate risk
- Involvement in the successful People and Engagement strategy to help attract, develop, retain and recognize a diverse and talented global workforce
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and cultivating a robust service and control environment
- Engaging with and leading our People. Developing effective and diverse teams across a global footprint
- Championing diversity and inclusion to create a working environment which allows our People to thrive and excel
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2-5+ years of experience in Tier 1 global financial institutions including extensive experience in handling large projects delivering operational activities, especially in FX, Money Market, Fixed Income and Commodities products.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology
- Strong risk management and control mindset
- Excellent Project Management/UAT skills
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals throughout the business as a leader, advisor and business partner to the organization with a clear client orientation.
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Transaction Capture Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs