Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
GCT APAC/EMEA Chief Operating OfficerApply Now Locations: Singapore, Singapore Job Function: Business Strategy, Management & Administration Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20195347
The Chief Operating Officer is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a professional team or department. The team drives the overall administrative activities of the business.
This role will report to the GCT APAC/EMEA CIO and will be based in GCT APAC/EMEA’s Singapore headquarters. The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for partnering closely with the GCT APAC/EMEA CIO and APAC/EMEA Consumer Bank leadership in establishing the technology strategy and road-map, executing against this strategy, establishing financial discipline and reporting, and building a lean high-performance organization.
- Work closely with the GCT APAC/EMEA CIO to chart out the organization’s evolution. Build out target-state operating model for GCT APAC/EMEA including key capabilities, relationships, and talent.
- Oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of budgets, financials, operations, human resources and compliance by way of systems, processes, workflows, procedures and the assessment of existing environments and anticipated changes.
- Develop, refine and implement Operations strategy including aspects such as area selection, product design and delivery, portfolio quality management, client outreach and communications to ensure overall quality and efficiency of operating model.
- Ensure strategic goals that guide future growth and development of the Bank are prioritized and translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Define and drive the talent strategy and manage internal talent pipeline while also building external networks to attract top-tier talent. Attract and develop talent to meet our client’s needs and ensure forward compatible success.
- Develop a deep understanding of business priorities across the globe and formulate a global optimization delivery structure.
- Provide central oversight for key activities such as Planning and Analysis, Demand and Release and Capacity Management, and Third Party Management.
- Drive Lean culture and discipline: reduce production/delivery costs, eliminate waste, improve quality, improve speed of delivery, stay competitive, and optimize financials.
- Ensure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodology and Practices and ensure Project Management principles are maintained, delivered and applied across the Consumer Technology organization in compliance with corporate policy and best-practice standards.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, peers on Executive Management, government, suppliers, etc. to ensure correct focus and direction for the bank at operations and technology level and serve on external committees where applicable.
- Monitor strict adherence to governance and ensure risks are addressed, setting high standards of professionalism across all functions.
- Conduct management responsibilities for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budgeting and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Experience in people management
- Comprehensive knowledge of general IT infrastructure, Human Capital Management (HCM) and financial advice-related compliance
- Experience in financial planning industry and designing efficient systems
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities with commitment to client and team member experience, goals of practice and productivity
- Demonstrated strategic planning, delegation, financial reporting, budgeting and cash flow management skills
- Consistently detail-oriented, goal-oriented and able to work in a team
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Organizational Scope and Accountability
- Client Franchise: Strong interaction with Business and tech teams. Represent GCT APAC/EMEA on key Senior Management forums at Regional and Global levels, including O&T and Finance MORs, Performance meetings and Business/Product/cluster reviews in conjunction with the Finance Planning units.
- Incumbent will provide vision, leadership and direction for Strategy initiatives within GCT APAC/EMEA; and drive organizational effectiveness, global optimizations, and superior products / services within an environment of continuous learning & growth.
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset in order to attract a deep and diverse talent pool within the organization that includes effective coaching and development.
- Ultimate accountability for management of business value outcomes (cost and services) and delivery provided to the Global Consumer Bank. This includes driving excellence in delivery, risk mitigation, compliance, financial commitments, and talent management.
- Evaluate opportunities and enable measurable improvements quickly and best utilize resources, while building an automation roadmap that matches strategy and direction.
- Manage assets to effectively control a budget.
- Establish and maintain a high performing, open culture based on integrity and strong partnership and financial responsibility.
- Maintain strong relationships with senior business partners, control organizations, other technology functions, and external regulators and vendors.
- Participation and accountability to the CIO Council, and other key forums as appropriate.
- Define and drive the GCT APAC/EMEA playbook (standards, tools, templates, etc.)
- Resource & Location: Define strategy and manage plan for talent/sourcing, location, and vendor mgt at the GCT APAC/EMEA level
- Capacity management: Align GCT APAC/EMEA resources and capacity to global book of work; identify critical gaps; provide GCT APAC/EMEA -level strategy, visibility, and plan
- Release management: Oversee generation and management global release calendar across GCT APAC/EMEA
- Demand management: Ensure book of demand across GCT APAC/EMEA aligns to strategic priorities at GCB level (e.g., roll-up, pressure test, help balance across regions, etc.)
- Third Party Management: Govern relationship with strategic suppliers and drive compliance with Third Party Management policies across 17 uniquely regulated markets.
- Create forum to consistently monitor and proactively adjust strategic initiatives utilizing benchmarking, trend data, and external analysis.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.