SME Sr Manager
The Emerging Corp Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities to deepen and increase share of wallet
- Calls on clients to deepen relationships and proactively owning, responding to and anticipating any future needs, roadblocks or risks, leveraging internal resources to assist where necessary
- Introduces financial solutions to assist clients in building and strengthening an effective portfolio;
- Works closely with Case Manager in the on boarding and retention of clients, ensures the appropriate “Know Your Client” (KYC) and other compliance deliverables are met;
- Maximizes client experience by proactive sharing markets updates, trend and intelligence;
- Drives innovation in the solutions we provide clients and further developing our business where necessary and appropriate
- Identifies and pursues new clients aligned with CITI COMMERCIAL BANK (CCB)’s value proposition.
- Networks with clients to identify avenues for new business opportunities
- Prepares /oversees new transaction submissions & annual reviews for the submission to the in-business credit lending management and independent risk department;
- Ensuring deals are structured to balance risk and reward, so teams’ incentives align with acting in the clients’ interests
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all times
- Nurtures and builds out the future talent of the business by dedicating time to mentor and coach others
- Works with Country Head and/or Team Head to set targets, work with the team to execute on the immediate to mid-term strategy;
- Drives and is accountable for how the team performs on all economic and cultural measures;
- Provides oversight, guidance and controls for teams to meet business benchmarks in an ethical and sustainable way that complies with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all time
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Sound knowledge of banking and investment products and process as well as a track record of providing sound banking and financial advice and solutions to clients
- Demonstrates core credit skills
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of Early Warning Detection skills
- Demonstrates ability to close deals and proficiently manage the credit origination process, gather and maintain credit documentation and monitor accounts
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of accounting principles, financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Ability to work effectively in team setting
- Ability to drive tasks through to completion by maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders across function
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- A team-player, with positive/can-do approach for motivation
- Highly focused, able to rapidly identify key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities
- Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- A proactive approach in looking for ways in strengthening business relationship with clients, delivers a simple, secure and seamless client experience
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients
- Able to quickly adapt priorities based on the latest data insights
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Masters degree preferred
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Relationship Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs