Mid-Corp Senior Group Manager
The Mid-Corp Senior Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
- Drive innovation on the solutions we provide clients through partnerships with product specialists and subject matter experts, while structuring deals that balance risk and reward.
- Execution of strategic initiatives launched centrally at all levels (Group, Bank, commercial market and EIB)
- Oversee the credit relationship of the client, coordinating and supervising the entire process, ensuring the proper application of policies and institutional processes
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all times
- This people leadership role is responsible for leading a team of Relationship Managers (RMs).
- Responsible for calling on clients to deepen relationships and proactively owning, responding to and anticipating future needs, roadblocks or risks, , in addition to identifying and pursuing new clients aligned with CITI COMMERCIAL BANK (CCB)’s value proposition.
- Attracting, retaining and motivating a team, along with responsibility for managing a budget and meeting team sales goals.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking; commercial credit knowledge and an ability to quickly learn new products and services
- Possesses sound judgment and is creative in providing credit/deposit solutions to bank clients
- Significant experience with commercial credit decision making authority, with experience in complex capital structures and cross border transactions
- Minimum intermediate level credit skills with the capability to demonstrate advanced level credit skills to be appointed a senior credit officer
- Ability to work effectively in team setting
- Able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading teams through complex change; a reputation for retaining, attracting and developing talent
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrate innovative approaches
- Able to quickly adapt priorities based on the latest data insights
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Masters degree preferred and managerial experience
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Relationship Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs