Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Sr Compl Group Manager - Sanctions (C14)Apply Now Locations: San Salvador, Departamento de San Salvador, Santo Domingo, Nacional, San Juan, Heredia, Provincia de Heredia, Escazú, Provincia de San José, Tegucigalpa, Departamento de Francisco Morazán, Guatemala City, Departamento de Guatemala, Port-au-Prince, Département de l'Ouest, Nassau, New Providence District, Panama, Port of Spain, City of Port of Spain, Kingston, Kingston Job Function: Compliance and Control, Bilingual, Independent Compliance Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20212710
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead and direct the strategic requirements of Independent Compliance Risk Management’s (ICRM) Sanctions Compliance function for Panama and the CCA cluster, responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements in country. Develop and implement policies, procedures and regional guidelines to comply with the requirements and regulatory standards/corporate; define and develop in conjunction with the LatAm Chief Sanctions Officer a strategic plan for the derivative of the defined global strategies. Provide specialized training and advice.
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain best-in-class Sanctions Compliance policies and practices in Panama and the CCA cluster; provide a mechanism for identifying key sanctions risks and how the mitigation of those risks would be monitored and measured through a robust control framework. Ensure that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to ensure that the controls identified are operating effectively. Act as an Economic Sanctions Subject Matter Expert responsible for overseeing the bank’s risk-taking activities.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of Sanctions Compliance risks in Panama and oversight of those in the CCA cluster, including guidance and advice needed in the application and implementation of programs and policy; penalties for timely decisions regarding the feasibility of specific transactions and impact analysis on changes in regional sanctions programs; Provide expert Sanctions advice to business managers, compliance officers, and AML Compliance Officers in Panama and the cluster, in relation to the risks associated with new products and new businesses to design the necessary mitigating controls that reduce the risk exposure to Sanctions;
- Liaise and build relationships with relevant Government authorities and industry associations in Sanctions/OFAC related matters
- Respond to explicit requests from the regulator if related to OFAC/Sanctions matters; identify cases that may need preparation and application specific licenses;
- Define and provide strategic coordination and effective implementation of a framework of Sanctions controls in the country and overseeing the cluster, developing management metrics and trend analysis; monitor sanctions risks indicators and establish minimum standards for Panama businesses including training requirements and training material development/delivery on Sanctions risks;
- Act as primary contact with Internal Audit for handling of Sanctions related issues; direct and monitor the corrective actions required to ensure their effective implementation;
- Establish oversight and gain assurance of the end to end sanctions compliance landscape and infrastructure in Panama and the CCA cluster.
- Define guidelines / frameworks and implement direct controls and processes for implementation of regional procedures to improve / strengthen Sanctions processes; definition and approval of changes / improvements in cluster's processes and / or local implemented for screening processes;
- Provide advice to the businesses on an ongoing basis on new Business initiatives, new products, business acquisitions, and client-related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags or other client/transaction-related Sanctions compliance escalations.
- Expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Desirable 10+ years of relevant experience in a financial institution position
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Bachelor’s degree; 10 +years of experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience working in/assessing OFAC product risks; previous experience managing a diverse staff; Advanced degree preferred
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.