Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Compl Sanctions Officer - CCA Cluster Sanctions (C13)Apply Now Locations: San Salvador, Departamento de San Salvador, Santo Domingo, Nacional, San Juan, Heredia, Provincia de Heredia, Escazú, Provincia de San José, Tegucigalpa, Departamento de Francisco Morazán, Guatemala City, Departamento de Guatemala, Port-au-Prince, Département de l'Ouest, Nassau, New Providence District, Panama, Port of Spain, City of Port of Spain, Kingston, Kingston Job Function: Compliance and Control, Bilingual, Independent Compliance Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20212669
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
- Support in the implementation of the strategic requirements of Independent Compliance Risk Management’s (ICRM) Sanctions Compliance function for the Caribbean and the CCA cluster. Support countries’ implementation of required policies, procedures and regional guidelines to comply with the requirements and regulatory/corporate standards. Deliver and provide specialized training and advice on medium complexity sanctions related matters.
- Deliver and maintain best-in-class Sanctions Compliance policies and practices in the Caribbean and the CCA cluster; support in the development of a mechanism for identifying key sanctions risks and how the mitigation of those risks would be monitored and measured through a robust control framework. Conduct oversight on sanctions related processes and controls implemented by the first line to review consistently and on a regular basis that the controls identified are operating effectively.
- Supervise all aspects of Sanctions Compliance risks in the Caribbean and support with oversight of those in the CCA cluster, including guidance and advice needed in the application and implementation of programs and policy;
- Act as the backup of the Panama and CCA cluster head and support the role in requests from the regulator if related to OFAC/Sanctions matters;
- Provide strategic coordination and effective implementation of a framework of Sanctions controls in the Caribbean, developing management metrics and trend analysis; monitor sanctions risks indicators and establish minimum standards for businesses including training requirements and training material development/delivery on Sanctions risks;
- Act as primary contact with Internal Audit for handling of Sanctions related issues in the Caribbean and in the CCA cluster as required; supervise and monitor the corrective actions required to ensure their effective implementation;
- Establish oversight and gain assurance of the end to end sanctions compliance landscape and infrastructure in the Caribbean so the CCA cluster footprint is thoroughly documented and up to date.
- Define guidelines / frameworks and implement direct controls and processes for implementation of regional procedures to improve / strengthen Sanctions processes; definition and approval of changes / improvements in cluster's processes and / or local implemented for screening processes;
- Provide advice to the businesses on an ongoing basis on new Business initiatives, new products, business acquisitions, and client-related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags or other client/transaction-related Sanctions compliance escalations.
- Interact with Senior Management and business heads in the Caribbean to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program
- Preferably expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- At least to 6 years of relevant experience in a financial institution position
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Fully bilingual in Spanish and English
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus (OFAC/Sanctions Compliance)
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; previous experience managing staff; Advanced degree preferred
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.