Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Chief of Staff CCA Operations & technologyApply Now Locations: San Juan Job Function: Operations Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19144928
The main purpose of this role is to provide a strategic support to CCA O&T, including but not limited to budget, communication, organizational culture, risk & control, policy & compliance, operational procedures and management of business office staff.
This position need to lead on key priorities to ensure O&T deliver results against the business strategic plan. The Chief Of Staff serves as the liaison between ICG O&T, EO&T, and interactions with internal and external key stakeholders, and support functions such as Human Resources, Finance, Risk and Control.
Competitive Advantage & Business Alignment
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders, organizations and business across the region to create a collaborative space to accelerate results achievement.
- Oversee key transformational projects involving multiple O&T lines of business to ensure the right level of prioritization to deliver against our business commitments.
- Support the execution of the strategic plan, aligned with the business, and approaching the tactical and strategic solutions to deliver results in an optimum way.
Talent, Organization and Culture
- Work jointly with the O&T Head and HHRR to continue review of the organization, ensure we have the right person for the right role and strategically drive key indicators as diversity, engagement, mobility and talent retention.
- Enable a culture that is focused on achieving results, with a collaborative interaction within the different lines of business in O&T
- Enable the right space for an innovative culture, listening to new ideas across all levels of the organization.
- Ensure O&T implements appropriate guidelines to meet operational and organization needs while attracting the best talent.
Risk & Control
- Collaborate with the corresponding risk and control teams to ensure issues are properly escalated.
- Track main impacts to key program delivery, ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Support audit processes of the O&T areas in the franchise.
Productivity, Efficiency & Innovation
- Follow up different cost optimization, reengineering and process improvement initiatives and propose new ones
- Be a change driver in the organization, opening the necessary space for innovation across multiple businesses and functions
Financials & Workforce
- Ensure all O&T budgets at local, regional and global level are delivered against our planed commitments.
Client Centricity & Product Expertise:
- Creates collaborative relationships with clients, and acts as a trusted advisor on operational matters across businesses and cultures.
- Monitors emerging operational best practices in the industry, and understands what is required to create competitive advantage.
- Develops deep understanding of client requirements, and proactively creates proposals to continuously enhance client value.
- Supports business stakeholders by providing relevant metrics to help drive revenue optimization discussions.
- Takes ownership of major service issues, and acts as a senior point of escalation.
- Maintains and applies a broad level of expertise across the financial products and services delivered to Citi’s clients.
- Uses external benchmarking to understand Citi’s competitive positioning relative to peers, with regards to operational performance.
- Appropriately participates in industry associations and/or academic groups, and is recognized as a thought leader within own field.
- Creates broad internal networks to share product knowledge, process expertise, and operational best practice via multiple channels.
Operational Efficiency & Continuous Improvement:
- Works in partnership with Technology and the Business to design and implement scalable processes that are automated end-to-end.
- Promotes a culture of “right-first-time” in order to reduce exceptions and maximize straight through processing.
- Challenges manual / bespoke processes and works with the business and clients to find alternatives.
- Uses granular operational performance metrics to drive re-engineering priorities.
- Achieves expense targets
- Champions innovation, and leads the creation of new ideas & techniques for delivering process and productivity improvements.
- Explores the use of new technologies and external partnerships to create process efficiency.
- Designs and rolls out strategic process re-engineering programs that improve productivity, transparency and controls.
- Promotes a culture of rapidly prototyping new productivity ideas using “fail-fast” approaches.
Policy Adherence & Control Effectiveness:
- Ensures policy updates and developments are communicated to all relevant staff in a timely and appropriate fashion and are clearly understood to ensure adequate implementation.
- Continually evaluates potential risks and collaborates with corresponding teams to develop remediation & mitigation strategies.
- Escalates potential deviation from policies and procedures, promoting an ethical and transparent culture based on “no surprises”.
- Remains current in terms of relevant regulations and legislation.
- Creates processes for analyzing non-compliance events, including identifying underlying trends, root causes, and corrective action plans.
- Collaborates with Risk and Control teams to design and implement robust risk management frameworks comprising effective KRIs, reporting, and governance.
- Ensures compliance with ongoing monitoring programs to ensure effectiveness of controls. Ensures integration of changes in business process, market practice or regulations for such control programs.
- Continuously engages with Operations peers, and second line of defense functions to evaluate end-to-end process controls and ensure handoff points are clearly understood.
- Actively encourages a culture of escalation, openness and transparency within their business unit.
- Ensures comprehensive procedures documentation is in place across all key business processes.
- Builds and manages high performing teams, which deliver exceptional results.
- Creates networks and virtual teams to share information, improve effectiveness and achieve results, which add value beyond immediate responsibilities.
- Fosters a diverse and collaborative working culture, which encourages transparency and respect for different cultures and time zones.
- Delivers accomplished and persuasive written, presentational and verbal information to inform and influence key stakeholders in a manner, which can be understood by, and be of benefit to all levels of Citi.
- Promotes the cascade of critical information across and between all staff and with external stakeholders.
- Leader and Influencer
- People Management Skills.
- Project Managemente skills
- Bilingual Preferred (Spanish and English).
- Knowledge of Banking Products, Control and Risk Management.
- Management: Leadership, negotiation, communication.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships, service attitude, teamwork.
- Ability of communication in executive panels of execution and financial administration.
- Coordination of interdisciplinary teams in projects of high impact and change management.
- Management of indicators in order to achieve goals and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Influence and persuade others to engage them in the outcome of a project achieving results through others that do not depend structurally on it.
- 5+ years industry experience
- 3+ years managing projects
- BS/BA degree
- MBA preferred
- Background in Finance or Engineering
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job Functions
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.