Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
SVP Credit Officer - Technology, Media, TelecommApply Now Locations: San Francisco, California, New York, New York Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20169709
The Credit Officer 4-GNI is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Assist bankers and Underwriters in underwriting requests for credit extensions for new and existing clients, and in the writing of annual reviews with focus on more complex and higher dollar exposure transactions.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on companies, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information
- Perform collateral analysis on accounts receivable, inventory, machinery and equipment and real estate in order to evaluate collateral performance and changes in trends, as well as to assess repayment capacity based secondary sources of repayment.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reviews of existing borrowers in order to track compliance with various loan covenants as outlined in the loan Agreement.
- Build a solid understanding of Citibank products and services within Commercial Banking and the broader organization.
- Coordinate with bankers on customer calls and site visits, when appropriate.
- Perform industry and geographical research and other due diligence as needed.
- Be familiar with Citibank credit policies and practices and regulatory policies, to assist unit in achieving compliance with the above and satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors.
- Provides training for less experienced credit officers and other credit center staff in application processing, credit analysis and loan closing roles.
- Provide backup to the team manager in workflow distribution and monitoring as needed.
- Recommend changes to process to achieve greater efficiency.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting (preferred) - previous experience working in a financial institution with additional experience in a loan officer or underwriting role. (credit trained a plus)
- Advanced analytical skills including the ability to read and assess company financial statements, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis and projections
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word are preferred), including the use of graphs and charts, and Moody's financial analysis software
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.