Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
IPB US Registered Client Service Associate- Bilingual (English and Major Asian Languages)
- Primary Location: United States,California,San Francisco
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19025260
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This is a service and sales relationship management position with primary responsibilities of supporting Sr. FAs, FAs, Sr. RMs and RMs within a segment-specific client base for the IPB and CI while expanding new and existing affluent customers.
The Registered Client Service Associate will assist Sr. RMs, RMs, Sr. FAs, FAs and clients with administrative and operational support as core activities, however they will also perform sales activities on all Citi’s product families (Banking/Investment/Credit, scope limited and depending on regulatory Licenses available).
- Initially introducing the client to the Citi platform and subsequently servicing and deepening relationship by offering and marketing a wide array of financial services including banking and investments products according to client needs as well as providing the public with financial counseling, while adhering to highly professional and ethical standards as set forth by Citi Personal Wealth Management as well as other regulatory entities.
- Protecting the bank and the client by complying with relevant policies, procedures, legal and regulatory framework.
- Has a direct reporting to the Sales Manager plus matrix reporting responsibilities to the Sr. RM / Sr. FA and follows guidelines on day-to-day priorities from seniors profiles/leaders in the team.
- Directly offers banking and non-investment products to low-tier and less sophisticated customers, as well as contributes to growth and net new money generation within the whole team.
- Gather and process new account and KYC documentation as well as maintain existing client information.
- Input profiles in One Source. If required, information provided by Senior RM/FA who met customer.
- Prepare client correspondence for RMs/FAs, following Firm guidelines.
- Communicate regularly with clients and provide full customer service, both proactively and on demand. Full responsibility over IPB unit communications and channels (excellers mainly).
- Respond to client inquiries and resolve various problems. Initiate account investigations as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in training of less experienced team members as requested by Management.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Management (assistant related tasks like managing agendas for RMs/FAs, appointment booking and confirmation, other).
- Alerts and Compliance information requests.
Sales Support Related:
- Optimize every customer contact to assess additional customer needs and uncover additional sales opportunities.
- Banking and Assets Advisory. Can manage TDs renewal strategy, and cross sell to another Banking products.
- Responsible for business revenue generation through the vast Citi resources including Banking, Citi-business and Asset products.
- Solicits clients actively via telephone, mail, referrals, etc.
- Negotiates transactions ensuring Citigroup’s profitability standards.
- Maximizes the number of accounts per customer by attracting new business from the clients, and by following a referral culture to attract new money to the firm.
Administrative and Compliance:
- Complies with CIFS/CBNA and regulatory policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of bank and customer assets.
- Ensure Compliance with securities and banking regulations in the U.S. as well as Citigroup policies.
- Responsible for the Compliance and Control side of his client relationships - Customer ownership
In general, follows and complies with minimum performance requirements both qualitative and quantitative as measured, tracked and reviewed in the Productivity Enhancement Program.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years of financial industry experience.
- Registered FINRA Series 7, S63 (S65 or S66 preferably)
- Fully Bilingual - English and Major Asian Languages
- Strong PC skills; Excel is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.