Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
IPB US International Financial Center Client Specialist
- Primary Location: United States,California,San Francisco
- Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Job Function: Consumer Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029598
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
About the Role
This is a Sales and Client Engagement SCE position, fully responsible for sales, service and Know-Your-Customer activities for clients serviced by the International Financial Center (IFC) within IPB US.
The key objectives of the role are:
- Sales: Maintain and increase relationship balances, cross-sell additional banking products, partner with Financial Advisors to refer potential investment referrals, acquire new clients.
- Service: Deliver an excellent client experience by supporting clients’ service requests
- Know-Your-Customer: Performing periodic reviews and updates of clients’ profiles. Manage risks prudently.
- Client Graduation: a key aspect of the specialist role is focused in identifying opportunities to assist clients maximize the use of our products and increase balances so they can be transferred to our partners in the IPB US Wealth Management organization.
In this role, the IFC Specialist needs to be able to understand client needs matching them with the appropriate set of products and services. The typical IFC Specialist will be assigned a book of business comprised of clients residing in multiple countries, across different time zones. The core objective of the role is graduate client into Wealth Management while maintaining a flawless delivery in service and KYC.
- Fully accountable for servicing a book of business comprised of approximately 600 relationships
- Able to clearly articulate IPB US Value Proposition, matching clients with the correct set of products and services.
- Directly responsible for providing timely responses to client service requests, received via telephone or email. Channel such requests to the appropriate service and or back-office team(s).
- Meet or exceed net-new-money and revenue goals by increasing and retaining deposits, and by cross selling additional banking products such as Certificates of Deposits, Savings Accounts, and Loans. Also responsible for supporting client requests for credit cards
- Responsible for the graduation of clients within the International Financial Center to be serviced by a banker or the graduation into the Wealth Management organization where clients with more sophisticated needs are serviced by licensed Financial Professionals.
- Responsible for referring clients to Investment Representatives or Financial Advisors, upon request
- Fully responsible for Know-Your-Customer activities, specifically addressing Periodic Reviews of customer profiles and partnering with Citi’s AML and Compliance departments to ensure risks are properly assessed and managed. The role is responsible for completing these AML alerts with the highest levels of quality, and to complete such alerts within specific time frames set by the business.
- Responsible to enter all data necessary to update KYC profiles based on interviews with their clients. This includes: RMC Section (member data); Running Client Screening Solution (“CSS”) and Factiva (Adverse Media) searches, if applicable; Raising any open cases to KYC Risk Evaluation Management (“KYC REM”) team and/or Global Screening Operations (“GSO”) team, if applicable, Completing Call/Visit Report based on information provided by the clients; completing the AAM form and performing a comprehensive review of account activity.
- Direct responsibility to work with CBSU Checkers in correcting any deficiencies identified in CRFs and AAMs prior to final submission of AML Alert cases.
- Participate on weekly calls to discuss root cause reasons for the rejection of CRFs and AAMs.
- Responsible for remediating any valid errors and/or observations identified during Quality Reviews of their cases and following the appropriate dispute process for any disputed errors and participate in any corrective action that requires their engagement.
- Fully responsible for knowing and understanding all AML risks associated with client relationships under their management. Accountable for recommending or agreeing in certain cases if relationships are to be exited.
- Responsible for updating client KYC Profiles at any time during the client life cycle whenever a member’s information changes
- Responsible for executing specific client contact campaigns as defined by Sales Management.
- Complete all required trainings pertaining to the function on a timely manner.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- 2-4 years of experience as a Personal Banker; experience in Sales or Customer Service within financial services (banking, insurance, investments) is highly preferred. Experience in retail sales or customer service in other industries will also be considered.
- Bilingual: English-Major Asian Languages (advanced conversational and written).
- Basic understanding of Know-Your-Customer and AML concepts applicable to the Financial Services industry highly preferred.
- Able to display strong influencing and sales skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Excellent people skills and ability to work in a team.
- Able to perform multiple functions with high-degree of accuracy.