Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
IPB US Bilingual/Multilingual Financial Advisor (English and Major Asian languages)
- Primary Location: United States,California,San Francisco
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18077925
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Advisory, Execution and Fulfillment
- Builds offshore business and deepens relationships through the execution of an effective sales process.
- Create and organize a sales plan designed to acquire new target clients - Generate leads and grow the business through active calling new potential customers.
- Assess customer needs including asset allocation, makes recommendations to meet all their financial needs.
- Negotiates transactions ensuring Citi’s profitability standards.
- Maximizes the number of accounts per customer by attracting new business from the clients.
- Sponsors client/prospect events to expand their awareness or knowledge.
- Interfaces with other business groups on sales lead opportunities.
- Meets acquisition, and portfolio goals.
- Ensures current and prospective customers have a consistent, superior experience.
- Introduce customers to IPB US.
- Provide financial advising to offshore clients.
- Executes brokerage, credit transactions and non-traditional actions to service accounts.
- Transforms service transactions into enhanced customer relationships.
Administrative and Compliance
- Complies with IPB US regulatory policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of banks and customer assets.
- Ensure Compliance with securities and banking regulations in the U.S. as well as Citi's policies.
- Ensure that all trades are in compliance with the appropriate suitability requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master degree preferred.
- FINRA Series 7 required.
- FINRA series 66 or 65+63 preferred.
- Fully Bilingual - English and Major Asian languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai.
- 7+ yrs sales experience, including 5+ years investment sales experience.
- 7+ yrs sales experience dealing with an offshore target market customer base (e.g. Private Banking, Citigold) preferable.
- Acquaintance with IPB US knowledge on products, systems, and compliance is preferable.
- Superior sales/relationship building skills.
- Strong investment sales experience with financial planning orientation.
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge offshore products and services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the economic trend, competition, events and their potential effect on customer's finance.
- Computer literate and advanced proficiency with Citibank's branch technology.
- Handling of difficult customers.
- Knowledge of compliance and control issues.
- Above average ability to sell and explain financial instruments to an English speaking audience.