CPWM Regional Insurance Specialist, San Francisco
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Description of Citi Personal Wealth Management
Citi Personal Wealth Management (CPWM) provides financial planning and wealth management services via our Citibank branch-based advisors and centralized service centers. CPWM will lead efforts to dramatically expand our personal wealth management capabilities and provide customers with simple, transparent solutions. The goal for CPWM is to lead the industry in client-centric investments.
The CPWM Insurance & Estate Planning Specialist will report to the Senior Vice President, Head of Insurance Distribution and will work under the Sales Group organization. This position will work closely with the Wealth Group Executives (Sales Managers) and Wealth Planning Specialists in the territory and support the Advisors and Relationship Managers in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Advisors in region to grow their existing clients’ share of wallet and win a greater percentage of their high net worth prospects by focusing on delivering quality insurance solutions that meet individual client’s needs.
- Educate Advisors on insurance solutions, create customized insurance proposals for high net worth clients and be available to accompany Advisors to deliver insurance solutions in client meetings.
- Collaborate with CPWM Wealth Planning Specialists (financial planners) to offer complete advice and wealth solutions to clients.
- Leverage insurance carrier specialists and wholesalers to provide subject matter expertise where appropriate and present or co-present at Advisor meetings and client events
- Act as a subject matter expert in the region on insurance products and planning concepts.
- Be a student of the industry and constantly learn about new insurance products, industry trends, regulatory requirements, tax law changes, etc.
- Work together with insurance product support team to provide case management and design support.
- Provide a high level of communication and customer service to Advisors and their clients.
- Balance requests from different Advisors across the region and actively monitor the queue of outstanding insurance cases and client meeting calendar.
- Speak at client events on insurance planning topics like: income replacement, estate planning, charitable giving, supplemental retirement income, buy sell agreements, key person insurance, asset repositioning strategies, etc.
- Responsible for travel to meet with advisors and their clients. Expect up to 75% travel, although it will be limited to regional day trips.
- Accountable for regional insurance revenue goals and penetration goals.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in life insurance sales required
- CFP, CLU/ChFC a plus
- Expertise in managing a sales territory
- Broad understanding of financial services, insurance solutions and all aspects of planning strategies and concepts
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Client-centric skills including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt easily to a constantly changing environment, juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- Familiarity with NaviPlan and Money Guide Pro planning software a plus to help advisors implement plans with insurance solutions
- Service oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing appointments on calendar
- Must be able to communicate technical or complex concepts understandably
- Able to work autonomously and operate cohesively in a team environment
- Proven strong public speaking skills
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 and Life & Health Insurance licenses required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment
Job Family Group:Consumer Sales
Job Family:Consumer Product Sales
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs