Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
CPWM Central Review Unit - Supervisory PrincipalApply Now Locations: San Francisco, California, Irving, Texas, Tampa, Florida, San Antonio, Texas Job Function: Compliance and Control Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20173373
Citi Personal Wealth Management (CPWM) provides financial planning and wealth management services via our branch-based Financial Advisors and Centralized service centers. CPWM will lead efforts to dramatically expand our personal wealth management capabilities and provide customers with simple, transparent solutions through various types of investments, insurance and investment advisory products and services. The goal for CPWM is to lead the industry in client-centric investment solutions.
The CPWM Central Review Unit (CRU) is responsible for the quality control, review and principal approval of insurance and annuity transactions and the Registered Principal review of internal and external communications related to the CPWM Investment business, including materials developed by external product providers for multiple U.S. based business units. The CRU Supervisory Principal is directly responsible for the review of insurance and annuity transaction that are submitted for processing and approval by Financial Advisors. This review will include an analysis of transactions for compliance with Firm policies and procedures, as well as adherence to state and FINRA regulatory requirements (including NY State Regulation 60 and FINRA Rule 2330), and provide pre-trade supervisory/principal approval of these transactions. This is a dual role position that also provides Register Principal review and approval for designated materials as assigned within the CRU.
- Review life insurance and annuity transactions, including Replacement and NY State Regulation 60 transactions for completeness of forms, documentation of disclosures to clients, compliance with Firm policies, procedures and processes.
- Evaluate proposed transaction and determine appropriateness of proposed transaction, including an analysis of any proposed exchange/replacement transaction.
- Verify information provided on transaction review forms by contacting the insurance companies, Financial Advisor or by referencing product material.
- Determine whether a proposed transaction may proceed based on compliance with Firm policies & procedures, analysis of cost/benefit for the, and overall transaction suitability determination.
- Evaluate proposed transactions with Financial Advisors and sales/supervisory management and advise them accordingly on appropriateness of proposed investment strategy for the client.
- Maintain accurate records and reporting of cases reviewed and their disposition.
- Responsible for staying informed of annuity and insurance product changes, closures, rate changes and evaluating impact on reviews.
- Responsible for maintaining an awareness of relevant investment products and services, communications rules and regulations, as well as Firm processes and procedures.
- Responsible for conducting a principal review of external product marketing materials, including Third Party brochures, presentations, fact cards and other designated materials as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining records of approvals as required by regulators and in accordance with Firm policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 -5 years of experience in a similar role , with 8+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Progressive levels or experience and job responsibilities
- Experience as a supervisor with a bank-based or independent brokerage model a plus
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of FINRA and SEC Rules and Regulations
- Knowledge and expertise in investment product, with particular expertise in insurance and annuities (both domestic and offshore)
- Technical know-how, commercial awareness and analytical skills coupled with an understanding of risk/reward dynamics
- Knowledge of corporate governance including regulated practices. Applies and complies with applicable internal and external policies. Demonstrates strong ethics
- Ability to identify issues and trends, evaluate alternatives and recommend comprehensive and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Organized and process oriented, with an ability to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Solid work ethic and proven professionalism and a positive attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and detailed oriented
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- BA/BS or equivalent industry experience
- Required: Series 7, 63/65 or 66, 24 *A qualified candidate maybe considered if he/she has a Series 9 &10 and is willing to obtain Series 24 within 6 months of hire.
- Insurance License required in addition to Series licenses list above. * A qualified candidate maybe considered if he/she is willing to obtain an Insurance License within 6 months of hire.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.