Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
- Primary Location: United States,California,San Francisco
- Other Location: United States,California
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19022879
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Perform critical reviews of externally prepared commercial appraisals to ensure that the value conclusions are accurate and that the report is in compliance with all necessary requirements.
- Perform critical reviews of externally prepared commercial appraisals to ensure that the value conclusions are accurate and that the report is in compliance with all necessary requirements.
- Primary area of responsibility is Western US.
- Report to Regional Appraisal Manager for the Western region.
- May be asked from time to time to head up an ad hoc team for valuation due diligence or a special project.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day appraisal reviews for which they have been assigned.
- Contract with vendors; manage vendors to on-time delivery and quality product and maintain the timely status of each assignment on a common job tracking system.
- Prepare market studies for a metropolitan area.
- Provide market intelligence to the lenders on a specific deal.
- Prepare internal appraisals.
- Perform sensitivity analyses for property cash flow projections.
- Resolve any issues that are not compliant with Citibank policies or conclusions that are not reasonable.
- Advise risk managers in addressing complex real estate issues.
- May evaluate feasibility of a complex investment.
- Objectively provide risk managers with a balanced view of the risk associated with a given property.
- Opportunity to work with a wide variety of property types and classes across the US ranging from small, single assets to large portfolios.
Employee’s in a San Francisco City or County location and work a minimum of 8 hours per week, please click the below hyperlink for additional information on your rights pertaining to the Fair Chance Ordinance:
- Minimum of 7+ years of appraisal experience with at least 3 years in a lending institution.
- Should have Bachelor Degree and may have advanced degrees.
- Must have completed and passed all Appraisal Institute classes necessary for the MAl designation, or equivalent education.
- Must be a state Certified General Appraiser.
- Have outstanding breadth and depth of appraisal expertise that includes all common property types (apartments, retail, office, industrial, land, and subdivisions) in addition to special purpose properties (hotels, assisted living, convenience stores, gas stations, etc.), as well as affordable housing.
- Must have a strong sense of the characteristics affecting value in their region.
- Highly productive and efficient as a reviewer.
- Work autonomously and require little direction for single properties as large as $100MM+ in value.
- Would be considered Subject Matter Expert for commercial appraisal. Proficient computer skills for MS Office.
- Outstanding proficiency in Argus DCF software and MS Excel. Must have a comprehensive understanding of USP AP in addition to Fannie, Freddie and SBA appraisal requirements.
- Must have a good understanding of FIRREA and all other subsequent Regulatory Policies concerning appraisals.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Outstanding organization and management skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of being effective in decision making and outstanding problem solving skills.
- Sustain good relationships with internal clients and external consultants.