Advanced Wealth Planning Strategist, SVP, San Francisco
The Advanced Wealth Planning Strategist is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function.
The Citi Personal Wealth Management (CPWM) Advanced Wealth Planning Strategist will report to the SVP, Wealth Planning Manager and will work under the Field Sales Group organization. This position will work closely with the Wealth Group Executives (Sales Managers) in the territory and support the branch-based advisors and relationship managers in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with advisors to grow their existing clients’ share of wallet and win a greater percentage of their high net worth prospects through high-level sophisticated planning concepts.
- Must have experience working with high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients on their sophisticated planning needs.
- Present and illustrate specific advanced wealth planning concepts such as, but not limited to, GRAT, GRIT, GRUT, CRUT, CRAT, Flip-CRUT, NICRUT, NIMCRUT, CLAT, T-CLAT, Zeroed-Out CLAT, ILIT, DAPT, IDGT, IDBT, DAF, PFF, etc.(Detailed knowledge of these not required for traditional financial planning positions).
- Focus will be on meeting individual family and client wealth planning needs by delivering advanced planning concepts and solutions, in addition to the traditional financial, retirement and insurance planning solutions.
- Provide education for advisors and relationship managers on advanced planning concepts with the purpose of uncovering net new assets and helping to position appropriate products and services meeting clients' needs.
- Provide timely updates to advisors and relationship managers on regional and national tax law changes and other proposals influencing clients in their financial, estate, charitable, insurance and wealth transfer planning.
- Prepare customized planning solutions for high net worth clients and be available to accompany advisors in delivering these co solutions in client meetings.
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding advanced planning strategies as well as traditional financial planning topics. These advanced topics include but are not limited to Asset Protection, Risk Management, Estate Tax Planning, Wealth Transference, Business Succession and Legacy Planning.
- Work with CPWM’s market segments/marketing group as subject matter expert to develop and review client approved materials, whitepapers, client seminars, etc.
- Travel to branches as required. Travel is typically limited to regional day trips, occasional overnight.
- Work closely with the Wealth Planning Analysts (para-planners) utilizing NaviPlan, Money Guide Pro, and NumberCruncher financial planning software to provide clients with integrated planning solutions for implementation.
- Collaborate with CPWM Regional Insurance Specialists to offer holistic and comprehensive advice and advanced wealth planning solutions to our Citigold and HNW clients.
- Balance requests from multiple advisors across the respective Regions and actively monitor the queue of outstanding wealth plans and planning meetings.
- Guest speaker/presenter at client events hosted by the advisors, relationship manager and the Region(s) on topics of client interest such as estate tax planning, wealth transference, charitable giving, multigenerational planning and tax-wise investing.
- Responsible for meeting advanced wealth planning metrics and goals in the region(s), assisting in gathering assets and driving revenue through products and services at CPWM.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Must be knowledgeable and conversant in advanced wealth planning strategies such as those listed in ”Key Responsibilities” above.
- Familiarity with NaviPlan, MoneyGuide Pro and NumberCruncher planning software preferred
- Broad understanding of financial services, investments, insurance products and traditional financial planning topics
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must have a balance of assertiveness and discretion to be a credible and sought after resource. Must have the confidence to stand up to pressure and the credibility to influence others. Flexibility to be effective and persuasive with all levels of management. Level-headed in a crisis. Ability to build key relationships with finance and other professionals. Ability to influence people and empower team members to be proactive and focused on partnerships and results
- Must be able to present technical matters in a way that is meaningful to the audience; dynamic organization requires proactivity in ensuring targets are met and projects accomplished
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist on decision making
- Highly motivated, participative team player with a change agent mentality that can provide financial leadership
- Proven strong public speaking skills
- Trust and Estate Planning Experience
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 65/66
- Regional travel 75%
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree, CFP or JD/LL.M. degree preferred
Job Family Group:Private Client Coverage
Job Family:Financial Planning Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs