U.S. Markets Graphic Design Manager
About the Global Public Affairs Team
Global Public Affairs seeks to enhance and protect the reputation of Citi, its businesses and the brand through direct and indirect communication with Citi's various stakeholders, including our colleagues. The U.S. Markets Communications team is a nimble team in Global Public Affairs that covers a broad scope of responsibilities for our U.S. markets, ranging from employee engagement, internal communications, community engagement and volunteerism, local branding and sponsorship, and diversity. The nature of the work provides a dynamic environment where members of the team drive engagement with colleagues and drive Citi’s presence in these local markets. Within Citi, the team works with many internal partners, including senior leadership, and regularly coordinates closely with other members of the Global Public Affairs team across the world.
This is a high energy, hardworking and affable team that values colleagues who can anticipate what needs to get done and act accordingly, are quick thinkers and can problem solve matters that arise unexpectedly, are intellectually curious, and who have high professional standards, strong judgment and thoughtful work product. We bring a client service attitude to our work at all times and always strive to be energetic and maintain a good sense of humor.
About the Role
The U.S. Market Communications team in Citi’s Enterprise Internal Communications group is looking for a Graphic Design Manager with a creative flair and strong ability to translate requirements into outstanding creative and design work. Do you love working with clients to develop creative concepts? Are you excited by developing storyboards and graphics packages? This creative strategist will lead the development of eye-catching creative and design across the U.S. Markets and Internal Communications in support of employee engagement, community involvement and generalized consistent communication programming.
- Partner closely with colleagues and peers across the U.S. Market locations to provide omni-channel experiences to include general graphics, templates, infographics, web design, posters, presentation materials, Citi TV, etc.
- Become an integral member of the U.S. Market Internal Communications team leading consistent design of creative materials – to include corporate and market level initiatives and programs.
- Support the U.S. Market focus areas – internal communications, employee engagement, diversity, community and branding – to heighten the Citi story in local markets for retention, recruitment and reputation.
- Navigate seamlessly from graphics to written communications, providing strategic communications counsel and guidance to stakeholders. At times, writing content for end products.
- Develop outstanding visual designs that address multiple market needs, while building consistency among multiple communications materials and vehicles, as well as creative treatments for campaigns
- Produce drafts for client review and make revisions based on feedback received
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications
- Perform retouching and manipulation of imagery
- Partner with the GPA Creative & Media team and other colleagues for consistency of message, as well as installations within the various market locations
- Become a brand expert for the larger U.S. Market Communications team
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in graphic design, multimedia production or related field with increased responsibility, preferably with a large and complex organization
- Strategic, results-driven leader who is passionate about designing best-in-class work and staying at the forefront of cutting-edge technology.
- Must be proficient in various multimedia and design technologies across the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong visual and typographic sensibility
- Proven experience designing unique and innovative work within the context of a brand
- Strong communications (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior executives.
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude.
- A team player who will implement initiatives effectively and motivate others to carry out their work.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment within a heavily matrixed organization.
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Partner closely with Communications leadership and teams to inform and advise on both ongoing communications work and areas of opportunity.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Presentation Development
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Orientation
Job Family Group:Marketing
Job Family:Communication & Creative Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs