Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Sr. JAVA Debeloper/Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Analyst (AVP)Apply Now Locations: Pune, Maharashtra Job Function: Technology Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19117642
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 9+ years of overall IT experience
- 8 yrs of Experience with Java/J2ee/Spring/ ORM Development in Windows/Linux platform
- 3 years of Experience with HTML5/Angular JS/Bootstrap/ based web development
- Experience in Restful, AJAX, Maven and J-Unit or any unit testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge of database fundamentals, ability to write efficient SQLs, tune existing SQLs
- Experience with a job scheduling tool (e.g. Autosys)
- Experience in Finance Industry a plus
Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle Skills: Java, J2EE, Spring, ORM, HTML5, Angular JS, Bootstrap, RESTful, Maven, Tomcat, SQL Server
Skills: Java, HTML5, AngularJS, Autosys, SharePoint
- Good to have: Unix scripting,
- Highly motivated, Needs minimal hand holding, Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills; ability to analyze data for trends and quality checking
- Experience of Agile development and scrums
Banking and securities domain knowledge would be an added advantage
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.