Vice President, Digital Strategy Execution - APAC & Global Trade
You will be part of the Trade and Treasury Solution CSC Penang team at Citigroup Transaction Services (M) Sdn Bhd, Penang. You will build a strong and effective relationships, interface & collaborate with key partners across Ops Processing teams, Business, Technology, Automation & Reengineering teams to execute the Digitization Strategy for Trade Services encompassing Process Reengineering, Digital Channel adoption, Implementation of TRIMS Modernization and rolling out Emerging Technologies.
- Execution of the Digital Strategy for Global Trade with specific focus on APAC encompassing Digitization, Automation and implementing solutions from Emerging technologies and Fintech.
- Act as Business Analyst / Product Owner to work with Operations and technology to hold the book for requirements pertaining to automation initiatives including aligned benefits across regions
- Create Target Operating Model for Global Trade Processes
- Participate in Mercury forums representing CTSM to provide status updates and take action items
- Collaborate with Global commercialization team to see all automation initiatives are implemented and consumed by Operations
- Evaluate various Channel options for Trade from Operations standpoint and be the gatekeeper for Operations in rolling out what’s best for us
- Participate in forums involving Emerging technologies including blockchain and e-UCP to assess how contusive they are from Operations standpoint in addition to Client Experience
- Work with Mgmt. in creating strategic decks for consumption by Sr. Leaders.
- Enable & contribute towards managing the Financials & headcount footprint for the portfolio and ensure the Productivity targets are met time to time.
- Support in deployment of business strategies, frameworks and measures based on global and regional operating principles
- Build and maintain outstanding relationships with all internal & external partners working together on the strategy for client service and efficient end-to-end processing
- Inculcate a Change mindset in the CSC and with the clients, to promote digitization, automation, and emerging technologies like blockchain and forward-looking solutions with Fintech.
- Work in close collaboration with Trade Business, Trade Operations and Trade Technology partners for rolling out various reengineering / automation / digitization initiatives, business initiatives and large/small projects
- Ensure consistency of operational processes and implementation in the unit
- Lead the digital and reengineering initiatives to elevate Trade Operations standard to a greater height
- Maintain the ‘end-to-end process view’ with Lean and Reengineering mindset
- Comply with and communicate to team all corporate policies and relevant changes
- Preferably have a working knowledge of the various Trade Products and the Rules governing Trade - UCP, URR, and URC
- Possess sound knowledge of the business / industry
- An understanding of the changing dynamics of International Trade will be useful so that the candidate can help strategize and work in tandem with the business
- Ensure initiatives delivered meet Client Service Level Agreement, timely and accurately
- Understand client requirements and implement them correctly
- Understand new customer requirements and ensure adequate support to new customer requirements and initiatives
- Monitor customer satisfaction and service level and drive process changes
- Provide innovative solutions to clients
- Responsibility to ensure smooth, error free process flow across the group
- Ensure control are in place and remain effective in a very complex environment
- Ensure there is an appropriate framework to identify all risks and there are effective systems and controls in place to ensure risk exposures are contained
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage the risk environment and controls – ensure Audits are successful with no Business Issue
- Ensuring appropriate security and fraud prevention infrastructure exists to minimize risk to Operations
- Comply with Company policies/standards for Business Continuity
- Develop and implement a people proposition that engages and motivates Trade Operations staff
- Coach and build the capability of the team
- Comply with Group HR policies for performance management using objectives, competencies, development plans for all staff, including regular reviews through the year
- Develop a succession plan by identifying and developing high performers for next level jobs/senior management positions
- Support and improve staff development
- Build a rapport with cross business / regional teams - so that we can offer effective solutions to clients
- Managing conflict smartly so that differences are used to improve the width of thought
Revenue and Cost Management
- Drive innovation projects focused at increasing the operating efficiency of the team- reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction
- Continuous process improvements and cost improvement initiatives
Core Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated track record of delivering Productivities and efficiencies to scale
- Proven ability to handle multiple concurrent automation / reengineering projects including a PMO function independently with minimal direction / supervision
- Working knowledge of AGILE Methodologies and understanding of putting together Feature Lists and reviewing User Stories
- Strong Project management skill including financial cost management skill
- Strong Analytical and organizational skills that can be demonstrated
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Able to communicate with Internal and External Business Partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – English Language
- Ability to achieve business objectives without compromising on controls and risk parameters established
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management and / or regulators
- Ability to coach and develop people
- Demonstrated people leadership/management skills and the ability to influence and empower people
- Able to strive under pressure and convert opportunity from risk
- Should be open to working staggered hour/shift/ over weekend and on public holidays
- Flexible/sense of urgency
- Master’s degree with around 12 years of experience in various aspects of O&T off which at least 8+ years on driving reengineering, Automation/Digitization and implementing solutions in Banking & Financial Service Industry
- Articulate communication who can talk the languages of business, operations & technology, and proven negotiation skills at senior levels
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative, and results-oriented individual who can work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong aptitude, positive attitude and appreciation for Technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Able to work closely with staff across different businesses and designations
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Cash Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs