Senior Vice President - Head of TTS Corporate Cards Customer Service Operations-ASIA - Hybrid
The Cash & Trade Proc Grp Mgr. is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to support clients in the opening/closing of cash accounts, movement of funds, intra-day funds management and compliance in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team.The objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of high volume cash management and transaction services.
- Manage a Cash and Trade Operations/Transaction Services team or multiple teams
- Oversee quality reviews, end results, budget, policy formulation and planning
- Manage client transaction reporting, including new product introductions, statement migrations, branding, legal disclaimers, etc
- Resolve highly complex and varying issues that have substantial potential impact
- Apply comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues
- Negotiate internally, often at senior levels (across functions) and with external parties, as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience in a related role
- Experience in trade / cash operations and management, in a banking industry, managing large teams
- In-depth Cash/Trade product and operations knowledge
- Robust strategic leadership and people management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
The main responsibilities are to manage the regional Corporate Client service function strategy and delivery for the Commercial Cards business across the APAC region.
The main responsibilities of this role are to:
Lead the overall Corporate Client service function consist of Customer Account Specialist (CAS) area, PA Service Desk & Technical Helpdesk in APAC.Direct management of the line organisations supporting Corporate Client Service function in the region.Own the strategy for Commercial Cards Corporate Client Service, to achieve regional goals as well as to be in alignment with Global priorities.
The Operations Group currently has a footprint as follows:
• Regional cards Ops – Chennai (Citi, core leadership), Chennai - (Cards regional hub vendor, projects, Client Service & others), Manila- Sykes, Citi – client and cardholder service delivery), and Chennai/Mumbai (Hexaware, third party – Back Office processing and servicing, UAT, Helpdesk) •In-market issuance – China, Korea and Indonesia supporting the Ops and Service locally due to regulatory restrictions. Commercial Cards rely on a sophisticated array of vendor arrangements in order to fulfil our end-to-end Processes on behalf of Citi clients. The third parties range from suppliers for card, PIN and statement physical production and despatch, to major Front Office. This is a senior role within Commercial cards APAC, and as such requires a seasoned individual with extensive and successful experience in the area of client service in the financial services industry. The role will involve. The successful individual will work across the organisation, and be integrally involved in (and be leading) discussions and meetings with senior management.
- Lead and be fully accountable for the Commercial Cards Corporate Client Servicing function in APAC, both involving regional and In-Market teams.
- Lead the Corporate Client delivery function to deliver on excellent Client Experience and client satisfaction goals, while ensuring that the most appropriate and cost-effective Corporate Client Service model is used. The Corporate Client service function includes delivery via Customer Account Specialists (CAS), PA Service Desk and Technical helpdesk.
- Line management of Corporate Client Service function team members regional CTSM and in individual markets. This team provide direct support to the Head of Corporate Client Service function, having product-aligned responsibilities for Commercial Cards, along with managing various Corporate Client Service area projects and activities.
- Direction-setting leadership for the Customer Account Specialist (CAS) unit, which is the team that provides operational account management at a corporate client level. This involves oversight of the activities carried out by CAS team members.
- Be an effective member of the APAC Commercial Cards Operations Management Team.
- Be an effective member of the APAC Business Management Teams for Commercial Cards.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective Corporate Client Service footprint across APAC, creating and executing against strategies to meet core client and Shareholder goals.
- Ensure the development and execution both of a winning strategy and goal achievement within that strategy. Drive the Corporate Client service function forward within a Target Operating Model framework.
- Lead core activities to support business-wide goals and the overall P&L, for instance Spend ramp which is a core goal for the business within the CAS team and Net Credit Loss goals in Commercial Cards and expense control and reduction
- Work closely with Head of Client Operations, APAC Commercial Cards to align overall client operations strategy.
- Lead and empower a management function that both involves regional and In-Market Management Team members.
- Manage Corporate Client Service function (Fixed) expense base, and deliver on agreed cost reengineering goals.
- Empower and mobilise the Corporate Client service organisation in APAC through leading the group with clarity of vision, purpose and actions, enhancing employee engagement, and Talent Development.
- Consistently lead and be a driving force in the organisation’s support of the O&T Operating Principles and how these are reinforced in every day behaviours.
- Manage Corporate Client Service to deliver on business for clients in approx. 40 markets.
- Ensure the delivery of on behalf of the business to targeted performance levels.
- Liaise with Global functions as appropriate to ensure that APAC achieves optimum outcomes, but within a framework that allows for consistency across the regions.
- Drive process and service improvements, creating an environment that continually enhances the business
- Drive Transformation to improve client service, self service and digital adoption
- Work closely with the business, Operations, Risk and other stakeholders in setting up new flows, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Ensure a tightly controlled risk and controls framework and governance mechanism to manage risks
- Have a culture of continuous improvement embedded that seeks to improve servicing over a period of time
- Leadership of people is a critical function and build a cohesive team that supports and scales as needed
- Own the Client Satisfaction Survey and leverage this as a key tool to initiate change and improvement activity across the business.
- Be a senior point of contact for corporate clients, at account, managing client expectations, fostering proactive client service, and involving participation in client reviews as well as other activities such as being a senior point of escalation for client issue resolution
- Own and be accountable for Corporate Client Service KPIs, including Helpdesk KPIs as a subset. Monitor and act upon daily MIS to understand trends in client satisfaction drivers, and then to leverage this information to drive improvement activities.
- Implement an approach to Corporate Client Service within the context of Commercial Cards' overall Client service model and the operations model, e.g. maintaining a structured approach to client segmentation and ensuring accordingly an appropriate service configuration for corporate clients
- Regularly liaise with other Citi operational areas & other client area Commercial Card functions, in APAC and globally, best to satisfy Client Service requirements.
- Ensure a robust Controls framework exists and effectively functions in the group, to protect Citi and its clients
- Run a well-tuned MIS and reporting framework that allows full visibility of the service teams performance by process and functional area, and involving the understanding and tracking of performance at different levels (e.g. Key Performance Indicators at Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3) mapping to all core end-to-end processes.
- Interface with, collaborate with, and influence as appropriate key internal stakeholders across the business (beyond Operations) in order to achieve the best results for our clients and goals
- Domestic and International Travel, as required
- Outstanding Client Service and Client relationship management skills.
- Understanding of client life-cycle, from Sales, through to Implementation, Service Delivery and Account Management
- Cards industry/business/operations experience, Citi or major competitor experience
- Excellent middle-management (at a minimum) experience in a reputable Financial Institution
- Multi-level line management and matrix management.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple activities often to tight timelines
- Strategy creation and execution.
- Programme and project management skills
- Financial and KPI analysis.
- Organisational and Talent development
- Blended ability to work independently and to mobilise team focus as required.
- European language(s) would be a benefit but not essential.
- Highly articulate, with influential verbal skills and precise written skills, skilled at MS Office.
- Degree-qualified individual
- Strong and visionary leadership qualities
- Strategic mindset, and ability to deploy tactical decisions within this framework
- Relationship management and influencing competency
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment (multi-tasking is essential) and to retain sound decision-making judgement
- Strong organisational skills, proven people management experience at a senior level
- Highly competent at matrix management
- Structured in approach and detail-oriented
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels (verbal/written), both internally within Citi and externally with clients
- Strong at change management
- Highly numerate
- Quick learner
- Self-motivated and core ability to drive results
- Goals-focused and results-driven
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Cash Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs