MYS CTSM PG - TTS O&T Screening Data Flow Officer
Purpose of the Role
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade, solutions to financial institutions, public sector and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 90+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. TTS is a highly innovative organization with a strong digital agenda; new products and services are continuously being developed to meet our clients rapidly evolving treasury requirements and unlock new opportunities for growth.
The TTS Sanctions O&T is a newly carved out function supporting Sanctions processes globally across Citi’s TTS business. This function strives to a) Make Sanctions processes a Competitive Advantage ; (b) Drive efficient, agile technology and processes (c) Full compliance to strategic operating model across TTS lines of business (d) Build strong risk / controls focus, ensure minimal surprises and (e) Deliver on all targeted improvement programs
This role will support the senior TTS Operations manager as part of a team that will be responsible for establishing a governance and monitoring framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise in a manner consistent with the Citi policies and risk framework across the all LOBs, namely Payments and Receivables, Trade, Commercial Cards and Account Services in 90+ countries globally. Accountable for sanctions related matters including but not limited to Issue Management, Corrective Action Plans and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators and Trends. Performs proactive reviews to prevent processing issues, failures in controls, identifies root causes of issues, oversees remediation efforts and ensures sustainability of such efforts.
- Support planning and execution for Operations against a comprehensive, risk-based plan to review screening related data flows, identify potential improvement opportunities in accordance with the updated governance and oversight framework.
- Execute against the plan to conduct the analysis of the TTS product processors, prioritizing through a risk-based approach based on business segment, volume and high-risk geographies
- Ensure that all owned projects proceed as per project management standards, that they are managed in a consistent manner and that stakeholders are aligned.
- Ensure all documentation related to the project are updated to the highest standards and always available for independent reviews.
- Continuously expand sanction related knowledge to be recognized as sanction SME.
- Ensure change is managed with appropriate controls, documentation, and approvals including implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements.
- Contribute in development of a comprehensive governance program and robust change management process across TTS that will ensure sustainability of the improvements made across TTS applications and related flows.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to Citi sanctions policies, identifies impact of such changes on TTS procedures and proactively works with O&T teams globally to adopt such changes in manner that is consistent with policies and is sustainable on the long run.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Provide support during the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution in partnership with stakeholders in TTS O&T and ICRM Sanctions.
- Contribute in O&T sanctions initiatives as required, such as the implementation of new Compliance systems, detective and preventive controls, and related project management work efforts.
- Proactively raising issues and addressing all TTS O&T issues completely and in a timely manner through the drafting, implementation and tracking of relevant Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
- Provide support for other TTS O&T strategic initiatives related to sanctions screening.
- On a required basis support issue management, training and MIS related activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Experience in technology innovation or change projects in any industry; experience with influencing cross functional teams, experience in handling policies, issues and remediation
- Understanding of payments system infrastructure and data flows between applications / clearing would be an added advantage
- 4+ years of relevant regional and/or global experience in a financial institution
- A Bachelor’s agree in any subject would be preferred
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) OR certification like ACAMS would be a plus
Knowledge and skills
- Experience with and previous exposure to control / risk functions and compliance related projects.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize business goals and drive results with a high sense of urgency.
- Good interpersonal, influencing and written/verbal communications skills.
- Proven Analytical ability. Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in driving and implementing process excellence
- Experience in performing complex problem solving and business trade off decisions
- Ability to prioritize is key as is ability to juggle several tasks at once.
- Proven ability to meet new challenges, assimilate new information and to influence people through maturity of approach
- Practical experience in preparing and delivering senior executive-level presentations, superior Microsoft Office (MS PowerPoint and MS Excel) expertise including demonstrated capabilities with pivot tables, VLOOKUP and formulas.
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs