MYS CTSM PG - Operational Risk Sr Manager -Vice President
The Operational Risk Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Role is open for hiring in Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Assesses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Establishes and maintains a robust control environment and culture within the Citi businesses worldwide.
- Assists management in achieving and maintaining strategic objectives, promotes efficiency, reduces the risk of loss and helps ensure compliance with corporate polices, procedures, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in assessing current status of all regulation related controls
- Recommends control enhancements as needed
- Identifies best practices to be shared with global Citi businesses
- Develops and maintains tracking metrics for management reporting and escalation
- Establishes a rapport with Business Managers, Compliance, Internal Audit and Legal.
- Develops a broad and detailed understanding of the organization’s landscape, culture and technology.
- Understands the various businesses and the applicable regulations which govern
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus – credit, and market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following is beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Legal and Regulatory Compliance, specifically
- Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
TTS O&T Risk & Controls is a driving factor in delivering value to our organization, our businesses, regulators and stakeholders. The TTS Operations Risk & Controls Transformation Team will be instrumental in defining, improving and delivering on changes to our Risk and Control Operating model. The Team will lead key Global Reengineering Initiatives, driving the development of strategies to reduce Operational Risk across TTS Operations and be accountable for material and measurable progress in risk reduction. They will also engage with multiple Risk Management Committees and will be expected to act as a trusted advisor to TTS O&T Leadership.
- Strategy & Transformation
- Serving as a TTS Operations Risk & Control Lead for Consent Order work, including driving all changes needed to reach Target State within the Risk & Controls organization and coordinating the same with Operations partners.
- Providing oversight of Operational de-risking programs, including maintaining proactive communication with Senior Management concerning the overall plan and execution, as well as participating in book of work prioritization and business reviews with strategic partners in the Chief Administration Office, ICG Transformation Office, ICG O&T Transformation Teams, TTS Front Office Transformation Teams, as well as the Lines of Defense.
- Identifying and leveraging the existing teams to execute on transformation initiatives. Ensuring their alignment to workstreams and workstream leads, identify gaps, assess Operational impacts and identify appropriate resourcing requirements to ICG O&T Leadership.
- Coordinating with other existing related bodies of work, e.g. Business Simplification, Critical Business Services, Operational Resilience, Data simplification.
- Effectively engaging the firm’s lines of defense, as well as partnering with Operations and Technology teams.
- Demonstrating thought leadership in presentations to Senior Leadership forums.
- Serving as a lead TTS O&T Risk and Control representatives on various Risk Management Committees, accountable for driving effective governance and issue escalation.
- Engaging regulatory bodies to provide progress reporting on transformation efforts as well update on the overall Risk & Control environment as required.
- Risk and Control Reengineering
- Driving improvements to the Near Miss and Loss Escalation Process, ensuring key risks and issues are captured and escalated to Senior Management in timely manner.
- Standardizing and improving our Risk Framework across business lines in Operations.
- Partnering with key leads in Operations to analyze and revise risk appetite statements.
- Define appetite goals and plans for various Key Risks by function and geography.
- Strong background in Operations, Technology process design and re-engineering, improvement methodologies and transactional processing risk management. TTS Operations and Technology experience preferred.
- Relevant experience in managing large complex cross-organization programs.
- Strong program management discipline and experience in one or several of business sectors and global functions.
- Strong leadership skills and exemplary values role model, with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change.
- Ability to lead by example, strong influential and interpersonal skills, used to deliver results and push the organization agenda in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to engage at the senior management level and demonstrated communication experience at different levels of organization.
- Experienced in driving change in a multi-country or global scope, ability to manage cultural differences and champion diversity.
- Minimum 12 years working experience preferred
- Experience in control functions like Risk, AML, Compliance or Audit preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs