MYS CTSM PG - Operational Risk Sr Analyst - Assistant Vice President
- Participates in the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Contributes to risk assessments and drives actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Provides governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Evaluates the control environment by ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
- Coordinates audits, examinations, and deliverable requirements from internal and external reviewers by supporting coordinating activities.
- Ensures project completion, special assignments, and other ad hoc activities as required.
- Ensures the Operations Team is in compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Customer focused with excellent Interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment collaborating across diverse groups •
- Demonstrated understanding of operational risk and gap identification • Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously • Ability to present a compelling case to influence others where appropriate
- SCRA regulatory policies and procedures knowledge
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
TTS O&T Risk & Controls is a driving factor in delivering value to our organization, our businesses, regulators and stakeholders. The TTS Operations Risk & Controls Transformation Team will be instrumental in defining, improving and delivering on changes to our Risk and Control Operating model. The Team will lead key Global Reengineering Initiatives, driving the development of strategies to reduce Operational Risk across TTS Operations and be accountable for material and measurable progress in risk reduction. They will also engage with multiple Risk Management Committees and will be expected to act as a trusted advisor to TTS O&T Leadership.
- Strategy & Transformation
- Serving as a TTS Operations Risk & Control Lead for Consent Order work, including driving all changes needed to reach Target State within the Risk & Controls organization and coordinating the same with Operations partners.
- Providing oversight of Operational de-risking programs, including maintaining proactive communication with Senior Management concerning the overall plan and execution, as well as participating in book of work prioritization and business reviews with strategic partners in the Chief Administration Office, ICG Transformation Office, ICG O&T Transformation Teams, TTS Front Office Transformation Teams, as well as the Lines of Defense.
- Identifying and leveraging the existing teams to execute on transformation initiatives. Ensuring their alignment to workstreams and workstream leads, identify gaps, assess Operational impacts and identify appropriate resourcing requirements to ICG O&T Leadership.
- Coordinating with other existing related bodies of work, e.g. Business Simplification, Critical Business Services, Operational Resilience, Data simplification.
- Effectively engaging the firm’s lines of defense, as well as partnering with Operations and Technology teams.
- Demonstrating thought leadership in presentations to Senior Leadership forums.
- Serving as a lead TTS O&T Risk and Control representatives on various Risk Management Committees, accountable for driving effective governance and issue escalation.
- Engaging regulatory bodies to provide progress reporting on transformation efforts as well update on the overall Risk & Control environment as required.
- Risk and Control Reengineering
- Driving improvements to the Near Miss and Loss Escalation Process, ensuring key risks and issues are captured and escalated to Senior Management in timely manner.
- Standardizing and improving our Risk Framework across business lines in Operations.
- Partnering with key leads in Operations to analyze and revise risk appetite statements.
- Define appetite goals and plans for various Key Risks by function and geography.
- Strong background in Operations, Technology process design and re-engineering, improvement methodologies and transactional processing risk management. TTS Operations and Technology experience preferred.
- Relevant experience in managing large complex cross-organization programs.
- Strong program management discipline and experience in one or several of business sectors and global functions.
- Strong leadership skills and exemplary values role model, with a proven track record in driving positive and sustained change.
- Ability to lead by example, strong influential and interpersonal skills, used to deliver results and push the organization agenda in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to engage at the senior management level and demonstrated communication experience at different levels of organization.
- Experienced in driving change in a multi-country or global scope, ability to manage cultural differences and champion diversity.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs