Assistant Vice President, Cash & Trade Processing -TCAP (Hybrid)
The Cash & Trade Proc Mgr. is an intermediate level role responsible for ensuring transactions are processed accurately and on time in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to manage a Cash and Trade Operations team, apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge to reach solutions and ensure deliverables are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Review service quality, production systems, and client reporting within cash and trade operations
- Analyze complex and variable issues to resolve issues and ensure team deliverables meet performance and quality expectations
- Recommend quality reviews of cash management services, production systems, and client reporting
- Manage performance, identify areas of development/training and make recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, hiring, etc. of team
- Contribute to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures
- Serve as backup to the Cash and Trade Operations Senior Manager
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related cash and trade operations management role
- Proven experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
- Effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- This is a role within the TTS Operations team based in the Penang CSC. The successful candidate will be required to manage Client Service Requests in a busy and dynamic environment and to ensure all day-to-day functions are carried out in a timely and efficient manner. Responsibility for a number of core areas:
- Support across Trade products, including, Guarantees, Supplier Finance and Export LCs/Collections including ownership of underlying issues requiring remediation
- Reviewing of processes to provide improvements and reduce issues experienced by clients
- Preparation of reports and Stats on trade products
- Assist on negotiations of the structuring of guarantee facilities
- Liaising with Citi’s global network of branches to collate information for centralization of facilities to our regional trade hubs
- Presenting information on Citi’s trade offerings for RFPs / proposals
- Negotiation of guarantee facility documentation and guarantee texts
- Ensuring completion and lodgement of all associated Trade facility documentation
The primary focus of the job is to provide a high-quality service to our internal and external customers by ensuring that our training levels, knowledge and understanding of the product offering is to a uniformly high standard, and ensure that any errors are noted and corrective action taken.
- Escalate customer feedback, processing delays and errors appropriately
- Adhere to Compliance Standards and Operational Risk Policy
RISK / CONTROLS
- Ensure continuous review of processes to identify potential control gaps and ensure upward reporting of any issues Immediate reporting of any PLE’s, facilitate input to MCA and ensure adequate action is taken to manage potential issues
TRAINING / DEVELOPMENT
- Continuous assessment, tracking and reporting of staff training/skills deficiencies. Ensure the execution of staff training in accordance with the deficiency needs and associated target dates to ensure that service, quality and capacity levels are maintained in accordance with departmental goals. Manage staff skill sets, versatility matrices, and training goals for the next quarter including performance analysis of prior goals/activities. Create and deliver high quality and up to date training material for use in internal training courses and presentations
QUALITY / PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Identify and implement process improvement. Provide technical guidance and growth. Maintain business relationships. Identify and implement service enhancements. Communicating on a timely basis the performance trends, standards and objectives, skill depth and process improvement initiatives for each unit. Distribution/ availability of appropriate Unit MIS. Communicating on a regular basis the Unit Quality Objectives. Conduct and/or ensure completion of monthly team meeting and distribution of minutes Facilitate the identification, development and reporting of the priority process improvement plans of each unit (i.e. MCA, CAP items). Conduct regular reviews with the Team Lead of closed, pending and new action items. Management of tasks, functions and resource in accordance Floor Standards and Quality Objectives. Through regular reviews, processing error source cause analysis and self-assessment testing, maintain accurate Process Control Manuals (PCM) and/ or Process Maps for all primary functions of each unit. Ensure staff awareness. Contribute to maintenance and review of accurate and signed SLAs at all times Participate in projects and initiatives as required including coordinating requests for MIS or other ad hoc information across the unit
MANNING / RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Assisting with new/replacement hire requisition forms and coordinating the replacement hires in accordance with current hiring procedures Ensure at least monthly reviews of Unit Attendance/ absenteeism. Inform Dept. Manager of deviations/ potential deviations. Liaise with HR if breaches of policy as outlined in policy document. Management of overtime within Unit standards. Provide guidance, support and coach direct reports as applicable.
- Capacity/resource management to support the timely execution of the functional tasks and responsibilities of the unit(s) , and departmental operating and performance standards. Ensure ownership and delivery of accurate collation and reporting of key MIS/Performance statistics for the unit. Timely and accurate delivery of Unit MIS to department Head Assist on client visits as required including producing decks and MIS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Service or Operations Role
- Trade experience highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills in English (Read, Write & Speak) is mandatory and proficiency in Mandarin/Cantonese language will be an added advantage.
- Ability to quickly understand and resolve complex issues
- Possess highly effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Self starter
- Proven Track record
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Cash Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs