Effectively manage clients covered; Contribute to CCB business goals while minimizing credit losses and fully adhering to Citigroup policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly prepare credit applications; check their completeness; request clarifications if necessary; assess them in the context of the GCCP Policy, Credit Program, TM (and other relevant procedures and policies) and identify all exceptions.
- Prepare independent credit opinion; negotiate and set conditions for credit approval and prepare credit package (as per GCCP, Credit Program and CLM procedure) for approval.
- Take competent credit decisions according to assigned personal CO Limit and in line with CCB Program, GCCP and other relevant procedures and policies
- Follow and monitor the portfolio of clients covered through their life-time and escalate proactively and timely all potential credit issues.
- Effectively manage and closely monitor classified customers covered; propose feasible account strategies avoiding / minimizing potential losses; prepare timely CCRs.
- Prepare and/or approve credit packages within required TAT cycle time, provide timely services to the internal/external customers.
- Obtain and keep profound knowledge of all applicable local and global credit policies rules and procedures. Be compliant and accountable for adherence to them. Act as a keeper of the best practices, share them, promote them and actively cultivate the internal environment (business and CLM).
- Participate on CLM tasks/requirements such as round tables, quarterly financial/covenant checks, regular and ad-hoc reporting, portfolio stress testing, audit etc.
- Communicate efficiently across the bank (Business, Risk, Dox, Collateral, CRMS, Legal, Operations, EW and others)
- Provide credit advice to more junior colleagues and sales people, building credit awareness / risk recognition in the bank and cultivating the lending management process.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all accounts, bank products and policies.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree
- 5 years relevant banking experience (analytical, relationship management, EW or remedial position) or another relevant position in banking institution
- Very good knowledge of financial statements and financial analysis and accounting rules, CZ and SK GAAP
- Very Good knowledge of bank products and collateral types, loan documentation standards, financial and non-financial covenants.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Czech or Slovak and English.
- Self-organized person with ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure
- Strong analytical thinking; balanced risk-business approach; ability to apply common sense and to take fast / competent decisions
- Team player; fast learner; flexible and precise, with positive attitude
- PC skills (MS Office), willingness to learn specific systems used within Credit Approval area
- For more details for competencies and qualifications required please see below
Risk & Credit Underwriting Skills
- Forms opinions on credit, based on the information included in the credit package
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, uses key ratios and analytical tools to assess a
- Embraces a compliance-based culture by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Proactively reviews Citi policies and procedures to benchmark against transactions and
- Exhibits intermediate knowledge of risk and reward, mitigations and escalations
- Demonstrates advance understanding of accounting principles, financial modeling and
- Eligible for CO3/CO2 Credit Approval Authority as per risk designation process and subject to meeting Risk-defined prerequisites*
- Demonstrates knowledge of CCB’s core products and their benefit for the client
- Proactively addresses clients’ concerns and needs
- Assists partners and clients in achieving their goals, by leveraging their skills and
knowledge; strives to provide consistent client satisfaction
- Embraces client and partner feedback, adapts behavior based on feedback to improve client and partner interaction
- Demonstrates an open-minded approach to innovation to improve client satisfaction in terms of quality and delivery time
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of CCB transactional products and intermediate
knowledge of episodic products
- Proactively seeks internal and external training programs and online resources for those
products that are more complex and/or reserved for larger, more sophisticated clients
- Demonstrates intermediate negotiation skills by working with others to define win-win
solutions and achieve results both internally and with clients
- Makes decisions based on unbiased assessment of available information, has a deep
understanding of Citi policies and considers multiple perspectives before acting
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems, by reaching out to appropriate partners and navigating Citi’s organization and processes effectively
- Delivers difficult messages on a timely manner and without harming relationships
- Demonstrates intermediate project management skills, is able to set a project plan, define deliverables, timelines, track results and keep projects on the right path
- Delivers presentations effectively, conveying key messages in a concrete and energetic
- Maintains an optimistic outlook in all situations and challenges, displays confidence during times of change
- Supports others in times of change and ambiguity, by clearly communicating expectations, client needs and championing a business case
- Advocates creative solutions and new ideas to improve results and processes
- Tolerates mistakes and takes calculated risks, consulting with seniors when needed
- Proactively communicates with internal networks to manage change
- Ability to put own viewpoint aside to understand the experience of and impact of changes for others
- Actively seeks out diverse input and perspectives
Leadership & Partnership
- Delegates effectively when applicable
- Begins to coach and provide feedback to more junior colleagues to develop their skills and enhance performance
- Creates short and long term development plans that integrate strengths and define actions for growth opportunities
- Proactively continues to build relationships with key partners
- Partners and collaborates with others to achieve results
- Works effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and adapts own style to accommodate varying cultures
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in understanding other's experiences to be able to see things from different perspectives
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Investment Banking
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs